1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

why would you spend $1400 on gap clothing? Why don't you just buy the real thing?

1 person likes this.
  2. tanukisuit

tanukisuit Member

I said that "My friend told me they placed an order over the phone for a bunch of the GQ collection and were given the 40% website discount. Can I get 40% off too, just like my friend did?"

They fought me ("These items are excluded") but I insisted that my friend got the 40% off ("Yah that's the weird thing, he got it anyway!") and they caved.

So I can get 40% off then brag on SF and resell it all on eBay.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  3. jtj48

jtj48 Senior member

Just research your role, man. Get into the mindset -- you have to really become a PoS for that call. Lucky thing though is that this thread has some good inspiration.

4. beans718

beans718 Senior member

no pics of the SASHIKO PANEL BLACK denim?

5. timofay

timofay Well-Known Member

Did the JE tee's sizing change recently? I ordered a sage classic crew from saks, the XL fits me perfect and the XXL was pretty baggy. Ordered a midnight classic crew, and the XL was too tight.

I measured them, the sage classic crew was 23" across the chest while the midnight classic crew was 22" across (size XL).

Wondering if the sage I got was an older cut sitting around at saks since they stocked it.

6. arpman41

arpman41 Senior member

Their classic crew cut has never changed. And all the different colored classic crews should fit the same, except for co-mix which is tighter. You can always soak the tee in cool water and stretch it out if it's too tight.

7. timofay

timofay Well-Known Member

Weird. The co mix alpine XL fit me well, better than the XXL which goes against what you're saying about co mix being tighter.

the normal classic crew in sage XL fit well but XXL too big. Then I got a dark navy classic crew and the XL is too tight.

8. bmb1243

bmb1243 Member

Anyone know where I can grab a pair of cropped white denim - size 30? I returned my skittles, looking for something cleaner...

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

lol "having a little bit of edge in your life"

10. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Senior member

11. CandH23

CandH23 Senior member

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _

13. dmill

dmill Senior member

Since a majority of you guys are super dope on here and post fit pics, I've decided to do an in depth review of the recently dropped oversized thermal crew. I picked up the maroon, brown, and slate ones to check out.

Maroon, Brown, and Slate black
    [​IMG]
    Maroon fit pic
    [​IMG]
    Maroon #2
    [​IMG]
    Maroon sleeves
    [​IMG]
    Brown fit pic
    [​IMG]
    Brown #2
    [​IMG]
    Brown #3
    [​IMG]
    Brown #4
    [​IMG]
    Brown sleeves
    [​IMG]
    Slate fit pic
    [​IMG]
    Slate #2
    [​IMG]
    Slate sleeves
    [​IMG]

Overall, JE did an amazing job sourcing this material, and I love the colors. The material is super soft and premium, also it isn't super thick so its very versatile in different environments. The thermal is stretchy however the sleeve cuffs and the bottom waist cuffs are kind of tight but I'm sure they can be loosen up if need be.

The fit is oversized so make sure you go TTS. I would go the same size as whatever your kake and OS cropped hoodie size is. I am 6'1 185-190 and the medium works well for me.

What color(s) do you think I should keep based on my pictures? As of now I am leaning mostly towards maroon and then brown.

Lastly...it would be AWESOME if we could see JE make this in a dual zip hoodie version in the same colors and thermal material. Maybe throw the same internal super soft cotton layer that you put on the rebel mesh hoodie.

Here's an example of what it could look like in brown:

[​IMG]

Hope you guys enjoyed my review!! :)

1 person likes this.
  14. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

^ i think a large would look better on you

2 people like this.
  15. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

^^ Thanks for that @dmill looks nice/solid, but too expensive for my wallet for what it is.

And I'd probably keep slate depending on if you picked up other maroons/browns for this season--if not, then keep maroon.

16. beans718

beans718 Senior member

Slate is my pick but I'm pretty boring when it comes to color palates

17. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i like maroon slate and alpine

but odd that your a medium with your specs

i would say your a large with your height and weight

18. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

agreed with this. Solid in depth review though! Slate is one of my favourite JE colours to date.

19. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Senior member

I like the medium on you I think a large would be just more material hanging from the sleeve with not much difference in length..I too also like the slate color..the cuff neck and waist look dope i like the contrast I don't plan on picking up any but it would be been nice to see that same contrast on all the colors...nice review too bro @dmill

20. brianja

brianja Senior member

Looks like it might already be up on Saks.com. You can't filter by designer and find it, but if you search the site for "John Elliott" it will be at the very end of the results.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016