1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Gutiinthebooty

Gutiinthebooty Well-Known Member

looks good! is the jacket lightweight? or more for cold weather?

2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

They aren't baggy, just how the fabric is. You can actually just squeeze the arms and they will slim down. Fabric is like foil where it molds.

It's not light at all but I don't know how warm it will be. Again the fabric is something I never seen before.

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Hardly tight at all. It's about the same size as my flight jacket but you can mold this jacket to how you want it to fit.

4. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Washed black from last season. Color wise last season works well with most of this season too.

5. rbroseph

rbroseph Senior member

Just tried JE's wool/cotton blend sweats. Very unique fabrication and look.
    Paired with the raglan raw edge crew:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. CH03

CH03 Senior member

Dang the black gauze mix just looks bad to me.

1 person likes this.
  7. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Unfortunately I'd have to agree. Sorta like boucle sweats but the boucle is much, much nicer IMO

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  8. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I think boucle is nicer too but we it's hard to tell what the fabric looks like in those pics.

Regardless I'm not interested in sweats anyway. Would like to see sweaters soon

9. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

Got the thumper in today. Material is crazy - really cool texture, although in classic John Elliott fashion the color in the model shots isn't very accurate. Definitely more of a subtle black/gray than the black with gray stripes the model shots make it out to be. There are streaks of material that reflect light which is neat. The fabric is very soft. I'm used to a classic 100% cotton trucker and this is nothing like that. Only complaint is that the buttons are basically useless as the eyelets for them are too small. Felt like I was going to rip the fabric undoing them.

10. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

The sweats look pretty bad. I'd grab it for a really cheap price, but looks like something I wouldn't wear out of my apartment. Thanks for the pics though, nice to see new stuff before it's seen on JE's site.

Thumper pics would be good.

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]

Here is a better pic of what the material really like. The jackets are all hanging and I am able to mold the sleeves around and the shape sticks

12. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

[​IMG]

Cast 2 Coasts today

13. rbroseph

rbroseph Senior member

Yeah their unique but would never get them. I was looking for half zips to try on and ended up spotting them. No luck so I had to try the raw edge stuff on for some kind of reference. Don't really own any of the oversize pieces

14. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Ya that fabric is so gross. Sometimes a fabric is unique because no one else has thought to try it, and sometimes it's unique because no one else wanted to try it. This falls into the latter category.

15. WilliamTickles

WilliamTickles Senior member

were the boucle-looking sweats and sweaters in the lookbooks/runway show actually these gauze ones instead? I was hoping JE was bringing back the boucle gear this year

16. CH03

CH03 Senior member

Yea and no knock on JE for experimenting. The gray one actually looks really interesting imo. And that aluminum jacket looks insanely cool and unlike anything I've ever seen before.

17. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

@jbidwal dang that's nuts how that jacket can do that. Love how JE experiments and comes out with very unique things. Mad jealous of your jacket collection.

Irridescent flight >>>

1 person likes this.
  18. hyyvii

hyyvii Senior member

1 person likes this.
  19. beans718

beans718 Senior member

craziest thing is they don't look that bad here
    [​IMG]

20. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

^they dont look good either though