1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

He was comparing them, the respective levels of customer service or lack thereof

2. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Jacquard shorts came in. They look like a crazy striped boucle knit but the lines are subtle from distance.They definitely look expensive lol and just really unique. They are a different cut than the old hoya shorts. The waist is tighter and they are an inch or more shorter in length, less room in the drop crotch area, look less like a gym short and more of a fashion short. Waistband is nylon as well as inside pockets, and the drawstrings are black with metal tips instead of the offwhites. Love em

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

Ah makes sense, read that a little too quickly. An apology email from the guys at Concepts would certainly be a welcomed surprise.

4. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Can you post pics of the material?

5. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Right all that description, no pics [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Pics help a great deal. I've purchased several items that are seasonal based on picture and opinion posts

3 people like this.
  7. vaeMD

vaeMD Well-Known Member

do the yuma denim shirts fit similar to the overshirts and flannels?

8. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

time and time again son you annoy me leflop but I'll post a couple pics in here tn for people that are curious about the material.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

I know!! I'm such a "bitchboy". Don't delete your thoughts!

Love you daddy [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

Here comes a random rant. I got the new Spring cut, but don't love the color. It is drastically different from the OG pair of sz. 29 that I have that's a bit too big for me. I went with 28, and prefer the fit, but the color is just way different.

I've found this alternative. Does anyone in this thread own Simon Miller denim and can they speak to a fit comparison? I can order 28, same size as my John Elliott denim, or a 30. Some threads/people have said this denim "shrinks", which scares me off from ordering a 28 on impulse. If anyone can speak on this, let me know. Thanks in advance! Sorry for an off-topic and off-JE related question. I will post comparison pictures of the Springs later as I took them.

11. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

@ZanderRosen interested in seeing the comparison. If the new ones are darker than the old I may be interested

12. ZanderRosen

They are less dirty around the sides of the legs in the newer iteration. I prefer the lighter, dirtier version myself. Color is more muted, almost more blue-grey ish.

13. jtj48

jtj48 Senior member

I have a pair from Simon Miller in that cut (different material though): much looser fit than the current JE jeans -- I had to size down, and probably would've been better off sizing down again. It's what I'd call a true slim (as opposed to skinny) silhouette. Just to note, the seat area fits pretty oddly, imo -- a lot of excess fabric that doesn't really fit with the rest of the cut. Haven't really noticed any substantial shrinking.

In short, I'd say that if you're after a cut like what JE is currently doing, Simon Millers aren't going to get you where you want to go. All in all a pretty good slim jean though.

14. ZanderRosen

Do you have any pictures to compare the two? I guess I don't need a super slim fit like my John Elliott jeans, looking for more variety in my wardrobe I suppose.

15. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

Mine fit about the same, but felt slightly larger due to the thinner material. My one complaint is the sleeve length - they are about 4" longer than the current flannels, which makes it all but impossible to wear it without them rolled up and the opening is pretty large so they just fall over your hand.

16. keunho

keunho Well-Known Member

Thumper jacket restocked

1 person likes this.
  17. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

small OOS again

glad i snagged in initial drop

still waiting on my shorts from union

18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

19. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

interesting! looking forward to seeing pics

20. dmill

dmill Senior member

does anyone here have the tencel button down shirt? is it worth copping? i found one in nice condition for like 75% off retail price