1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. brianja

brianja Senior member

The Villain is a much slimmer fit (JE calls it a "slim fit" themselves) than the Kake, which is advertised as being "slightly oversized".

I wear a large in Villains and a medium Kake is perfect.

2. brianja

brianja Senior member

KITH had the marled Kake in their Manhattan store yesterday afternoon. It was tagged at $425.

Its a substantial, heavy fabric, but it was a bit rough / stiff. Its not for me, but it's definitely something different.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  3. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Villains are slim fit, Kakes are oversized.
    Not sure how you got confused by this, honestly.

4. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

I wonder if an L would be too short for someone 6"2

5. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

How? Cause I remembered reading here to order the same size in Villain and Kake, so I was a bit surprised to see the difference. That's all.

6. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Ahh, I see. Well if you go to the product pages of any Villain and Kake the first thing you'll see in the description is the way each fits. The Villain is a classic JE piece back from when all they were putting out were slim-fit items (JE's best era imo), and lately these new drops have an oversized fit (which, personally, I'm not a fan of). Generally you want to go TTS on all JE pieces regardless of slim-fit or OS so you get the designers intended fit. If you want the Kake to fit like a Villain, or vice versa, you're not going to get that. Two completely different fits.

Edit: Not to mention, JE has a pretty great size chart so you can compare items to get the right fit (when the chart works)

7. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

my springs and scarabs fit the same

8. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

im 6'4" but definitely longer legs then torso and i wear a large in both villain and kake and love how they both fit. i think everyone needs to inderstand the intended fit is cropped.

9. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

if you are looking for a slim fit don't buy the kake.
    i personally like the oversized fits. it puts some variety in my closet...and honestly they are more comfortable.

I also wear the same size in every JE piece.

10. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

Interesting, maybe I should try large also.

11. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

That's a good point, I just feel that I'm somewhere in between L and XL, so even L on me, it wouldn't be too fit.

12. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

13. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

14. hellowello

hellowello Member

what? the 10% off your first order from signing up for the newsletter only lasts 48hours? Didn't have the intention to buy anything at the moment when I signed up for it and knowing that I can't enjoy 10% off my first order if it isn't placed within this couple days is annoying

15. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Wow

16. KidBlack

KidBlack Member

Do you guys recommend the longsleeves? Also are there any pictures of dark navy? Looks cool in stock photos but I'm not sure what it'll look like in hand...

17. Secondprize

Secondprize Well-Known Member

wish JE would cut more room in the buttondown sleeves. the sleeves on the flannels are pretty snug and they cut very close under the armpit. everything else fits fine so i dont think sizing up is the right move. arms are average build.

anyone else experience this?

18. n5ek5

n5ek5 Senior member

Searchbar

19. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Slimmer arms and high armholes are to be expected with designer clothing, and if you have the right build for it the aesthetic is much better. I get that sometimes it sucks if you hit the gym and/or have larger arms naturally, but you can't fault them for not cutting their shirts like the Gap.

20. Secondprize

Secondprize Well-Known Member

c'mon, im not talking gap cut. I have designer buttondowns that have a little more room in the sleeves and look fine. I even have other JE buttondowns that are roomier in the sleeve and still maintain a generally slim cut. Personally I think they may have gone too slim on the flannels. if no one else thinks its an issue then ill chalk it up to my physical build.