John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

@Johnelliott Hi, I'm struggling to find a definitive answer to my questions; I am 5 10" 175lbs and a true medium in most brands but would a large be better for me in the villain hoodie? If so, would I be better getting a large Mercer tank to layer with it or just sticking to TTS (medium) looking to order today so i would be really grateful for a quick reply :) thanks!

2. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

I am the same size, height and etc.I wear a medium, my villain from last season started snug, now the fit is slim and very flattering. Length is perfect for our height. I couldnt imagine sizing up, it would be way too long.

If I get a chance ill take a pic of the new crew villain I bought and my older hoody villain so you can see where it would start and how it would end.

3. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

Yes please, that would be great! I'm worried about the medium if I'm honest because I have pretty broad shoulders and long arms :-/ so a pic would be really, really useful. Also, wrt the mercer tank, would you size up for the best layering effect?

Thanks,

Darren.

4. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

If you check the last few pages you'll find a variety of sizing info and pictures

5. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

I know but it's difficult to tell when someone is your height and like 30lbs lighter?! I mean I'm slim with a 31 inch waist; I really find it hard to believe someone at my height could be like 135lbs. It's impossible to use their pics as a comparison. I appreciate the reply though, thanks!

6. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

I'm 5'8" 175 lbs, athletic lean build (32 waist). I wear a medium in the burgundy villain, grey riga halfzip, and grey u neck tee. The sweatshirts are fitted slim and flattering, which it's supposed to. I would say stick with medium if that's the look you're going for.

I wore my grey u neck tee today layered underneath the burgundy villain and a black bomber jacket, really nice.

7. Stackson

Stackson Senior member

Really a medium? I'm 6 foot 180 lbs 34 waste and anything besides an xxl is skin tight in the chest and arms.

8. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

similar specs here...

I'm 5'9" 175 lbs, muscular lean build (32 waist) -> XL villain for me, anything smaller would be skin tight in the chest and arms.

9. sussi

sussi Senior member

same here, 180cm 80kg, muscular fitness body, went for L in villain pullover but next time will definitely go for XL. L is really slim fit, not too slim but I am sure XL would be better.

So if anyone is looking for QUILTED VILLAIN CREW size L and don't want to pay extra shipping + duties + taxes I have one for sale.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  10. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

Does anyone have a fit pic? I would really appreciate it as I'm ordering from the UK and sizing is vital because a return will not be an option.

I've had people with similar measurements recommend M, L and XL here ha!

I was thinking medium but the shoulder measurement 17" seems really small!

11. sussi

sussi Senior member

okey, maybe you should go for M, My chests are 22" and shoulders are 19" and L fits me slim, I am definitely going for XL next time. + I have an idea to share shipping costs if in England they are not so strict for paying extra duties + taxes. Let me know.

12. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

I need to take up to date measurements tbh - so you have a fit pic?

What's the idea?

13. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

Do you have a fit pic? Would be really helpful as you're the closest to my actual measurements?

I want it slim but not ridiculous!

14. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

Any chance of a fit pic? I plan on layering with the Mercer tank and I'm not sure whether it's worth sizing up one in that too - i like the layering effect on the model's fit.

15. sussi

sussi Senior member

I can upload fit pics tomorrow, cause I don't have them yet and I stay at my girlfriend's place tonight. The idea is, that I am also located in Europe but if I order to my country I have to pay a lot for shippng + 22% taxes + 7% duties. We will talk on DM's about that.