1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

agreed with @dcvm1979... not a fan of the new washes for the most part or nothing I would buy at least. But I have heard from a few people now that the cut on the latest denim is unreal so hopefully that keeps going

2. airkenny

airkenny Member

is oak a je exclusive color or do other stockists get oak as well?

3. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

I haven't been impressed with my JE denim as time goes on. Speaking on the Spring, in my opinion, they don't have a particularly great touch of stretch. When I think stretch, I think the ability to snap back as well. My JE denim more so has give, which is leading to extremely baggy, saggy denim that frankly does not look too great after a couple weeks. Initial cut is nice. Some of the cleaner washes are nice. But overall, haven't been a huge fan.

2 people like this.
  4. n5ek5

n5ek5 Senior member

I had a similar situation with my stretch canyons. Finally had to dry clean them and they went back to their shape. Not sure if this would help out the spring denim, but I'll definitely be dry cleaning mine again when I feel like they're losing their shape.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

not a huge fan of the new denim either : slimmer thighs plus stretch material makes them look and feel like leggings IMO

With regard to the villain talk a few pages ago I still wear mine the shape is good and it's more minimalist than the other sweaters they sell
    I think there are a few things they could improve if they were to release a villain 2.0

1. The kangaroo pocket is fucking useless but would be easily fixed by just closing the inner part so the two sides don't connect . Also make the pocket more angled
    This would mean you could actually put stuff in it and also more comfortable for your hands to rest inside

2. The hood is too small . Makes me look pinhead with it up. I'm not saying it should be rick Owens sized but a bit bigger would be cool

Finally with regards to people not being allowed to selli stuff on here yeah it's stupid
    Anybody else wants to start a thread specifically for buy sell trade it might be good

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  6. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Are we gonna see a pic of the slate 1/2 zip before hand? Wondering if zips will be black or silver

7. perkyscalling

perkyscalling Member

Educate yourself lol - http://www.complex.com/style/2015/07/john-elliott-villain-hoodie-inspired-by-nfl-highlight

1 person likes this.
  8. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  9. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

I read the link and still have no idea what on earth john elliott is talking about

Seems like a pretty lame "inspiration"

I doubt anyone really cares about the kangaroo pocket.
    I completely forget its even there until I feel like warming up my hands or want to put my keys somewhere then I think "damn, I wish this hoodie had actual fucking pockets"

10. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

What do you guys think the best t-shirt is to layer with the rue hoodie?

11. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Just got an Oversized Cropped Hoodie and feeling pretty disappointed by the quality and fit. I've been pretty happy with the terry quality on the Villain and Rue but the OSCH fabric feels flimsy to the touch and the weave is messy. I know inspiration behind Season 7 was grunge and the hoodie is intended to look worn overtime but the stitching and fabric feels just cheap.

Sizing is another problem. Being 'oversized' I thought there was no need to size up like in Villain. When worn TTS there is not draping in the shoulders and the hem is not loose like on the JE webstore.

Hood still uber cool though

12. ElJeffrey

ElJeffrey Well-Known Member

The Curve Tank

13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I know other companies have done the half zip before (i.e. Fear of God) but it looks like it's going to be th next big hoodie trend. Champion is going to make them now. And it even has a rue like bottom hem
    [​IMG]

14. ElJeffrey

ElJeffrey Well-Known Member

No pics of anybody rocking the skittles?

15. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

Great news for people who don't want to pay $500 for a FoG half zip hoodie

16. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Nooo :( silver zips on slate and black zips on the grey. Would have much preferred the opposite. Silver on grey and matte black on slate. Pass for me now :(

1 person likes this.
  17. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Can JE verify a black half zip release, or is slate Gonna be the half zips "black"?

18. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Got my maroon flannel in, it's probably the best fitting JE dress shirt I've gotten. Much improved from previous shirts and the sizing is TTS. The collar is also a very slim, nice shape. Wish they were buttoned down or tacked down though(but that's my personal preference, I'm sure others won't mind this). Might do it myself.
    The material is rougher than I expected, especially because JE cares so much about fabrics and makes custom fabrics. The buttons are complete garbage, cheap plastic feeling. Never thought I'd care about buttons so much. My military shirt has nice buttons, the other dress shirts I have from JE have snap buttons so the military shirt is the only one I can compare. Overall it's a great looking piece and I'm going to keep it, just wish the quality was better for the price.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

Silver zips on the Slate ruin it for me unfortunately. Let's hope for Oak with black zips.

20. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

No kidding... Would have much better flow doing matte black on the slate and silver on the grey. Anyone think a zipper swap on the two would be difficult? or easy? Would be taking it to a professional and not doing it myself lol