1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

[​IMG]

Hanoi and waxed suede boots.

[​IMG]

Hanoi, sneak appearance by my insulin pump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nero.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plumas.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    3 people like this.
  2. Luciano123

Luciano123 Senior member

thoughhts on the boots?

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah prob going to return boots and flannel. want grey/black kake more

4. randomkoreandude

they actually are better in person than i was expecting

color of grey is very nice and similar to CP dark grey chelsea boots. returning since i have those and dayton service boots in charcoal nubuck. sole is rubber and fit is TTS and comfortable

laces are blah and generic esp for the price. should have included leather waxed laces. i also don't like the side profile and how they stitched the pannels together. i get that they didnt want to copy or look like every other boot out there, but the pattern of how the pieces meet just isn't very attractive IMO. im a stan but going to have to pass on the boots and likely the flannels. for price point, there are other alternatives

[​IMG]

5. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

What is the true color of the co-mix alpine? I'm ordering from Revolve but the same co mix classic shirt on Roden is completely different. Which color is correct?

Revolve:

[​IMG]

Roden:

[​IMG]

Also, any suggestions on what color classic t-shirt to get next? I have a mix of black/grey/midnight villains/flashes/baselines and only have grey t-'s.

6. randomkoreandude

its kind of inbetween both of those. the roden one is very bright from their lighting in the pic and is washed out. its more grey than roden but not as much as the one from revolve

[​IMG]

7. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

The Alpine is closer to the Roden picture in my opinion. Can't go wrong with the comix black and white t's with colder weather ahead.

8. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

4 people like this.
  9. ZanderRosen

Pretty annoying seeing assholes reselling the flannels for $300 and the boots for $600. Hope the hole left in your wallet burns through your JE denim. #Stanseason

2 people like this.
  10. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Not on board with that either but Maybe they're including tax on the shirt?

1 person likes this.
  11. seraphm2

seraphm2 Senior member

After shipping, taxes, grailed fees, and PayPal fees they're not really making a profit.

2 people like this.
  12. n5ek5

n5ek5 Senior member

I think what he's saying then is, 'why buy it in the first place?'

2 people like this.
  13. ZanderRosen

Buying just to say I bought it, it shipped to my house, and now I'm gonna try it on take pictures and send it back. Basically, wasting time and money. Can't afford to do that personally... Just saying.

14. n5ek5

n5ek5 Senior member

I agree, there's no way I could do that. But, I also don't mind when people on the forum are trying to sell stuff for retail to other users so they can hop on it before trying to catch a return restock through the site, but that's against the rules...

15. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

So dumb it's against the rules.

2 people like this.
  16. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Just send it back, JE should cover your shipping. Also I think @Jbidwal said he is sending his small back, because they sent you the wrong size they may be able to work something out. If that doesn't work out, Im sure other retailers will get it soon.

1 person likes this.
  17. dmill

dmill Senior member

no point to pay above retail on any of the pieces, they are still going to be dropped at other retailers and then there are always plenty of returns.

not to mention if you buy from someone else there is no return warranty if it doesnt fit or you dont like the color/material in person.

18. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

You can list it in the buying and selling, just not in the discussion threads. I understand what you're saying about it being frustrating as this is a thread devoted to this brand and it would make sense to post it here.

19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

20. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I just think it's frustrating when you're trying to help other JE "fans"/stans (jk). I understand it's annoying when someone is trying to sell old merch before the new season or trying to turn a profit. But if something is sold out and you're returning it, to offer it to someone on the forum who is also a fan seems like a nice thing to do. I think of the people on this forum as people that are really into the brand and appreciate the clothing, not people buying into the hype or buying a hyped up piece. Oh well.