1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Yeah. This..just normal wear and tear on mine
    I wore my black escobars probably 1,000 items and washed and dryed them like 300 items and they are perfect, slight stretching, very minimal knee "boobs" (as jbidwal called it, genius). The only thing that came undone was the stitching of the tag. I finally re-upped on the blacks a a couple ago.

Speaking of dark navy escobars on this thread, I wore my midnights today and the dark navy is so much better than midnight. Need to cop it. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. supremeanarchy

supremeanarchy Well-Known Member

It's not defective, I personally think the manner in which it's stitched isn't as strong as I'd like it to be. It's not coming apart or anything, but the areas where there are two stitch lines running across on the knee panels, and the area where the pant itself meets with the cuff, one of those stitch lines become undone. The flatlock stitching is well done, that's not the problem I have. Maybe you're just incredibly skinny so yours don't stretch as much, IDK. I guess my question was more directed towards individuals who are a bit more muscular in the legs.

And I was at a point where honestly I was buying JE for no reason, but not anymore. I really do like the esco's. The stitching becoming undone didn't make the sweatpants fall apart or anything but it did make it hang more and look a slightly bit more loose. That's why it bothered me a lot. I don't mind the natural stretching, I already knew that occurred. I can't even take pictures of what I mean since I sold all my sweats already. I'll just contact JE to see what they have to say if I do end up purchasing a pair in the future.

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I like the navy more than midnight blue too. Actually going to order a pair and see if I like it better than the brown

4. rbroseph

rbroseph Senior member

@supremeanarchy Should have contacted customer service right away, I had the stitching come off the knee area on one of my escobars and they took care of me.

1 person likes this.
  5. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

Damnnn the low key chicken leg jab. hahahahahahahah

6. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

Checked out the Brown Escobars at Notre. Color is a really nice shade, but I can see it being either a big hit or a huge miss based on your overall look. Works great for the tees and hoodies, but I wasn't really feeling it on the sweatpants.

1 person likes this.
  7. supremeanarchy

supremeanarchy Well-Known Member

Lol no jab intended, I really don't know what guy looks like. I barely come on here or read through the posts. But I did used to take tae kwon do for years, not anymore, and it's made my legs a bit more massive than those who don't work out or skip leg day.

8. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

thanks. I'll see how I can incorporate them into my wardrobe. I actually have a pair of the alpine sitting too. If the brown are nicer than those I might just return the alpine instead. The navy hopefully don't look too black.

9. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

The navy is a nice color, particularly with the pop of the silver zips. In low light, it did have a black tone, but in regular daylight it is clearly a deep shade of navy. FWIW, I preferred the brown over the alpine - especially how it's styled on JE with the white T and sneakers.

10. Marco Storari

Marco Storari Senior member

I'm interested to know if the villains are still bought

Honest question

I've said this before, but I would really like it if the zippers were replaced with slits

2 people like this.
  11. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

Dark navy villain is looking real nice! But so is the oak. It would be nice for everyday casual wear.

12. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

For ppl the missed out on neros, stampd dropped some clean black denim w knee rips. Don't look half bad

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Not that JE is necessarily doing anything earth shattering in terms of design, but stampd is pretty derivative, even by generic streetwear brand standards.

14. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I think I'm leaning towards the brown and navy too. I bought the alpine thinking it was the color I liked from the show but that was actually brown. I'll prob just return the alpine and keep the brown and navy.
    I don't own anymore, being honest. I prefer the oversized / raw edge classic style and also the kake.

15. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

This. I've trimmed down to the essentials - dark gray raw edge, sage kake, washed black / washed navy OS. I was feeling way too much like a 17 year old hypebeast with the zips, and I'm getting to the wrong side of 30.

1 person likes this.
  16. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Kind of weird that my sweats from this morning shipped but my flannel from Monday hasn't. Wonder if there are inventory issues.

1 person likes this.
  17. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

Dang! haha i defs agree to some extent but i personally think they deserve a bit more credit than being lumped in with most generic streetwear brands. The whole military influence is definitely played out though. I've bought a couple of their pieces myself and have not been disappointed yet.

18. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

yes the villains are a staple. i like the ones with the black zippers. the less flashy the better. and plus they fit goat. not feeling any of the current oversized / raw edge hoodies (mainly because my body doesn't fit them lol)

19. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

I still love the villains and wear them a lot. But am not purchasing anymore. I think the last one I purchased was back when Jade released; I remember purchasing clay and sage villains but decided I had one too many villains. Agreed that the raw edge, half zip mercer, and OS ones are sick. But it's also nice to have the villains bc it's kinda the only JE sweatshirt that isn't oversized.

20. seraphm2

seraphm2 Senior member

Looks like more denim is dropping soon. Probably the pair that was featured in GQ

[​IMG]