1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

This is exactly what I know i'm gonna wanna do when they come in hahaha. Gonna take a lot of willpower not to just keep em both esp once they're already in my hands [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Went with Plumas. Love the Harlot, just feel like I'll still love the Plumas once the knee-rips and hyper-distressed trends fade away... plus they're $70 cheaper.

1 person likes this.
  3. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

Yea I feel you on that for sure. The harlot is so well executed from the wash to the knee rips especially, but the price diff is huge for a couple extra trendy embellishments.

1 person likes this.
  4. ursman

ursman Senior member

So I made a bet that I wouldn't buy anything in the month of August........

Fuck. I want those Plumas. Looks like they are stocked high, though. Just 22 more days!

1 person likes this.
  5. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

it kinda sucks that prices keep going up and up...i was looking forward to the harlots but i dont know if they are worth it to me at that price

1 person likes this.
  6. arpman41

arpman41 Senior member

@John Elliott the measurements in the size guide for the pants are all mixed up

EDIT: they just fixed it thank you

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  7. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Is it just me, or would the white skittles look cooler if they were just dirty and not with the blues and greens? Am I the only one that thinks the basic colors are where it's at? The neros should have been a real drop rather than limited. People have been waiting for black denim for a long time now

1 person likes this.
  8. timofay

timofay Well-Known Member

Do you guys tumble dry your tee shirts?

I just ordered a couple of Mercer tee's, and the XL fits me very well. Im worried that it may shrink in the wash, especially since I usually tumble dry my clothes. I know it is advisable to hang dry, but honestly I cant be bothered to do that.

So- If I tumble dry low, will these shirts get ruined? I have some other T shirts in a supima/modal blend that hold up very very well in the washer/tumble dry low. Any insight?

Thanks

9. jtj48

jtj48 Senior member

How have people been sizing the cropped denim? If the size guide is accurate, I'd need to go a full 2 sizes down from my usual size to get the right waist measurement. Or I guess I could just size down one and have the waist taken in. What's the thought on these?

10. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

Lol funny thing... Bought the White Skittles today as I love my Grey, but I ordered a 28 in the Odeon last week along with the White cutoff shorts, all before this drop. Can't decide whether to send back the Oak Kake and the Odeon or what...

11. ZanderRosen

The 29 shorts I had stretched a lot, similar to Odeon or Zinc denim. I just bought a 28. I didn't have the problem with the hem fit that others did, and I prefer my cutoffs tighter around the bottom anyway.

12. Secondprize

Secondprize Well-Known Member

will the nero restock? been holding out for them.

13. jtj48

jtj48 Senior member

My bad, should've specified: I meant the cropped jeans (http://www.johnelliott.co/collections/denim/products/the-cast-2-cropped-washed-olive), not the shorts. Listed measurements for these seem way different than for other pants/the jean shorts.

14. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Just ordered the black pigtail mercer after rocking the shit out of my grey one the last little bit. Definitely up there for one of my favourite JE pieces to date

1 person likes this.
  15. ZanderRosen

16. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

Harlot copped. Absolutely couldn't pass on them, the color, blow outs are amazing

17. npa23

npa23 Member

Hey guys new member here.

I am a TTS large 6'2 193 pounds and I sized up to an XL for the villain hoodie. Here's some fit pics (ignore the bathroom and house slippers). What do you guys think of the fit? Should I stick with this or go TTS?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

Looks fine, if your comfortable keep it. They do stretch the more you wear it.

19. Marco Storari

Marco Storari Senior member

20. npa23

npa23 Member

I'm comfortable, but I just don't want it to stretch enough to wear it's slouchy on me. Although I feel like getting a L might be difficult to put on since I have broader shoulders. I also plan to put on a decent amount of muscle this fall