• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish I would have after seeing JE wearing it the other day (or at least I think he was wearing it)..sold out in 28 though :(

I'm debating exchanging my blue pair for them. The wash looks nicer on them imo

ChronBong

Reaction score
2 things i cant do, super long t-shirt/shirts for layering and knee blow outs...would never wear them. great if it makes other people happy...

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm debating exchanging my blue pair for them. The wash looks nicer on them imo

I would if I could. I initially passed on them bc I got these R&B in black a while back and thought JE's zinc would be too similar. But I always see myself wearing darker colors more

Now I wait for a return or restock :slayer::slayer:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would if I could. I initially passed on them bc I got these R&B in black a while back and thought JE's zinc would be too similar. But I always see myself wearing darker colors more

I wear any washed jeans. I can't do plain raw unless it's black. I also don't like multiple colors and on the odeon the black on the top and bottom kind of bugs me

MilesMW

Reaction score

What kicks are you wearing?

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NEW YORK, FEBRUARY 4, 2016
by LEE CARTER
One gets the sense that John Elliott, only on his third collection, is fine-tuning his sporty-conceptual aesthetic on the fly. Last season’s athletic theme, based on a long-distance run he took through Southeast Asia, turned a dark corner for Fall. Think ’80s punks on the Lower East Side, rowdy soccer hooligans, and Berlin nightclubs. Particularly the clubs, he said, spending days and nights in their corners.
He mined these degenerate tendencies, or his “inner friction,” with a deft hand, rendering and layering each look in deep tonal shades—white, ecru, maroon, black—to achieve his debauched luxury. Hoodies, thermals, and raglan pullovers were richly fabricated in gauzy French terry, flannel, or leather patchwork. All the fabrics were complex and textured—one in particular, a wool-bonded aluminum made into flight jackets and shorts, enabled the wearer to bend and sculpt them if he so chooses. Only exhaustive research could result in something like that. Same with Elliott’s use of a stitching technique known as sashiko, originally developed to repair and reinforce kimonos, which he discovered on a trip to Japan. Completing the fully realized look was the designer’s first foray into footwear, nubuck high-tops with a small strip of leather resembling laces tied at the back of the ankle.
Some of the bulkier silhouettes recalled those of Rick Owens, especially when worn over unstructured jersey tees and knit leggings. And it seemed Elliott took another page from the brutalist master’s playbook—the army of models that stomped out together at show’s end.
sounds cool [zoolander voice]​

vaeMD

Reaction score
long time lurker, first time poster.

zinc's for people that were wondering, totally dig them.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

long time lurker, first time poster. zinc's for people that were wondering, totally dig them.
Look good! A lot lighter than I thought they'd be. Might have to cop now. If you could take more pics of the denim that'd be much appreciated

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads