1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. suisunfleet

suisunfleet Senior member

I posted pics of the oak cake yesterday, I believe it's not the exact color of the long-sleeve but definitely has more brown than appears on the site

2. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

They'll stretch out quite a bit. Mostly in the waist, butt and thighs. If you can size down one and button them, you'll be good. They might be tight at first but after a few wears they'll stretch. I think a lot of people on here (myself included) bought the right size up front only to have them stretch out. The thing that may restrict you from sizing down are the thigh dimensions so look at those first. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yes i had to size by my thunder thighs regardless of my waist measurements

4. seraphm2

seraphm2 Senior member

Surprised there no drop tomorrow

1 person likes this.
  5. ursman

ursman Senior member

What did you end up with? the 31s?

6. bobby321

bobby321 Well-Known Member

Opinions on the anti expo tees and co-mix brown? Was interested in picking up both

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i took size 29 in strech kane, granite and canyon and also kept 29 in skittles. 28 in skittles fit in waist they were painted on my thighs. def some stretch. even 29 are really too tight int eh thighs so will have to stretch them out before i wear

i have room in the waist in all of these. i typically take a size 30 in most pants and do a medium in the escobar and kitos (like the slightly baggier feel in sweats)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  8. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

The colors are definitely not the same...but that might be because of terry vs. cotton on the sweatshirts vs. tees?

9. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Same, kept checking IG hoping to see a drop after the disappointing Monday drop

10. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

Don't think the drop was disappointing other than the trousers. The mercer sweater in white is pure fire a simply amazing piece IMO at a solid price. Model pics dont do it justice. As for the kake, i'm waiting on the grey one

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  11. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

I got the trousers and Kake coming, hoping they work as an office type JE pant. If they are too awkward for my style I'll send 'em back and get the Mercers y'all are raving about. I guess I'm probably gonna go sz. 1 in them. I always took this size in the normal LS Mercer Tees, 2 always felt too big.

12. seraphm2

seraphm2 Senior member

Just got the Kake in, and the colour is identical to the L/S released earlier this year in my opinion.
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Dang..it is identical..why do I keep thinking the Oak was really dark? I haven't wore my LS oak tee in ages, so I couldn't remember the exact color..but I always remembered it being this dark:[​IMG]

Thanks for the comparison pic though

14. arpman41

arpman41 Senior member

Is this really what oak looks like?! Idk if it's just my computer but this literally looks white to me

15. CH03

CH03 Senior member

Can you post pics of the Mercer?

1 person likes this.
  16. supremeanarchy

supremeanarchy Well-Known Member

For those that have bought the cast 2 coast jorts, how have they held up, especially with stretching?

17. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

They stretch as much as you'd expect JE denim to stretch in the waist / thigh area. 29 is my right JE size taking into account the stretching but I went with a 30 in the jorts cause I didn't want no skin tight shorts haha. After wear and stretch they're slightly wider around the thigh than I'd like them to be but not a major issue

18. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

Agreed, that looks like Dove from here.

19. lukasvs

lukasvs Member

@John Elliott is there any additional planned colors of the half zip mercer hoodie? Would love a maroon one.

20. supremeanarchy

supremeanarchy Well-Known Member

Thanks man this was basically the info I needed. Really want to get a pair but wasn't sure about the stretching, etc. Thanks a ton dude!

On another note, for those that are unsure about the charcoal co-mix specifically, it is probably the best co-mix to date. I say this because of the use of the rayon fiber that they previously used on the dark grey tees I believe. Makes the fabric feel more silky and have more of a drape effect, which I have been wanting in the co-mix fabric. The alpine colorway is nice as well, but the charcoal definitely takes the cake for me. On Saks website, they have a co-mix crew listed as olive, which is actually the alpine colorway, for those with Saks credit or Saks connects.