1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

large. You may find them a bit long though. I am 6"0-6"1 and 185 pounds. Fit perfectly for me in size large.

2. mikeb88

mikeb88 Member

Thanks a lot bro

3. CH03

CH03 Senior member

I really liked that paint splatter detail on certain tees and hoodies.

4. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Have a feeling some fire is about to drop Monday. Hoping we get the Fall 16 denim.

5. earlyadapter

earlyadapter Member

Yeah man, I think having a lot of tees like you do would have helped minimize the stretching but I only picked up the essentials; classics crews in white and black and classic curve in grey. Quality is definitely on point with anything JE but another peev I had with the tees is that I didn't like wearing them as stand alone pieces in the summer because of their length. I spend a little more on tees now but still only have the basic colours, black, white, charcoal and cream, (hopefully can add a dark brown tee soon) to wear under my causual shirts or by themselves. I prefer the brands KIRA and SLP for tees, and I recently picked up the Zara relaxed fit tee in white that fits like a classic regular size tee, so not the trendy oversized, superslim, boxy or long.

1 person likes this.
  6. mikeb88

mikeb88 Member

Will the co-mix charcoal ever be offered as a curve u-neck?

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

where are people seeing the skittles available? isn't it all sold out?

8. ursman

ursman Senior member

I'm getting this sick feeling that I am going to regret not picking skittles up... much like I regret not picking hanoi up.

PS- For those who can... Saks.com has a fresh stock of SLP Nero (no rips).

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]

Not the best pic but I'm wearing my skittles today.

2 people like this.
  10. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

never had SLP before but if I wear a 33 in JE with room to spare, I like to wear my jeans a little baggy. What Sz would i be in the black SLP.

11. randomkoreandude

are those SLP nero's raw? selvedge?

12. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

Yo guys need your advice here -- do you guys have experience washing your tees in a top load washer with an agitator? These tees are so thin i'm a little worried about them losing their hand feel or forming holes

13. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

It'll be fine.

I set mine at the lowest gentle cycle, no holes and my shirts all feel the same. I hang dry after.

14. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

pic of anti-expo tee. It's def shorter in the back and longer in the front, despite what was said. Btw I sized down in this from a small or medium to an xs

Fit Pic
    [​IMG]

Pic of back of the shirt, def shorter in the back
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Looks good. Worth copping or should I pass?

16. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

[VIDEO][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/VIDEO]

Because someone else on SF reviewed these terribly, I thought maybe I could somewhat justify them. He's right, doesn't really look like it does on the model, but I haven't tried stacking it with socks, high tops and pulling the sweatpants up a bit, so I can't speak for that. Aladdin pants, I guess I could kind of agree with that, but They aren't harem pants.

Sweats are not for everyone, and many people may think they're not for me, but I like them. They are cropped so it shows some ankle which is nice. As the other SF member mentioned, They can look like your plain Jane Walmart brand sweatpants for the folks who don't care much for fashion, but for anyone into the fashion scene (which I feel everyone who wears JE falls into) would be able to tell immediately that they are baller sweatpants--the details, quality and (I thought) fit are dope. Size down for sure. I sized down on one and TTS on the other, just bc I wear sweats a lot and need a change in vibes every now and again.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I'm prob the wrong guy to ask. I have a short torso, so the shirt looks really long on me. I'm also not into shirts that a really long like extended Mercers or the JE Henleys. Or shirts that go past my crotch.

Also, The shirt runs oversized, so much so you might have to size down, which I did. I like the oversized look, but prefer oversized and cropped, or it just looks like I bought a size too big.

Prob look good layered. Not sure it's for me though. Out of all the JE shirts I like the SS classic curve the best because it's a tad shorter than their others, so i can wear it not layered and not feel like I'm wearing a dress. But that's just me.

18. rbroseph

rbroseph Senior member

For those who have the anti-expo or panelled tees what are your opinions on the recycled cotton?
    Does it have burnout or pilled look and do they feel really thin?

19. randomkoreandude

i have all 3 colors of the anti-expo in size small. will be returning unless someone wants them here at cost

let me know before i ship out on monday

thanks

20. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Senior member

good post I can agree with you as well. Just not my cup of tea bra but yea I feel you

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016