• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Conner's New Boots From Terminator

heynow

Reaction score
terminator-oakley.jpg

Oakley S.I. Assault Boot

Originally designed for the U.S. military Elite Special Forces, the Oakley S.I. Assault Boot ($185) is built so well it's still in use in 2018. As worn by John Conner in Terminator Salvation, the lightweight, athletically-inspired boot features Resistance-approved niceties including prime urethane shock absorption, a moisture-wicking/Skynet-pissing liner, and a vulcanized rubber sole for wet/dry traction and silent movement. With the S.I. Assault, you'll be covered no matter what your post-apocalyptic landscape looks like.

these are pretty bad ass!

stoneb

Reaction score
This boot is the civilian version of combat gear we developed with the U.S. military. It includes multiple innovations created specifically for the Elite Special Forces. Lightweight and athletically inspired, it offers the comfort of prime urethane shock absorption and the climate control of a moisture wicking liner. The vulcanized rubber sole includes directional lug geometry and provides wet/dry traction on both smooth and rough terrain.

Meets US Army Uniform Spec 670-1
Soft temper for instant comfort and silent movement
Athletically inspired design for unencumbered performance and agility
Low-friction lining with anti-microbial treatment
Jump ready design with over-the-ankle boot shaft
Ergonomically optimized geometry with enhanced load-bearing stability

JaPo

Reaction score
Not a patch on Kyle Reece's kicks in the original.
Danelectro.jpg
This was before judgement day.

auto90403

Reaction score
The boots scream "I'm a security guard at the mall who is too fat and out of shape to make it as a cop or soldier. So I'm going to dress up like a hardass."

cgardel

Reaction score
It's hilarious to see someone wearing tactical boots who appears so out of shape that I doubt they could even do a pull-up. Mall ninjas.
internetsoldierv.jpg

TDV

Reaction score
LOL oakley boots???

I guess oakley survived the post apocolypse.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TDV
LOL oakley boots???

Or it could be that since everyone is so busy trying to stay alive that they don't exactly have factories pumping out new styles (or new labels/designers for that matter).

If Judgment Day happened in the 70s John Connor might be running around in bell bottoms and tie dye.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TDV
LOL oakley boots???

Heh. Oakley is actually a pretty big supplier of gloves, protective eyewear, and boots, to the military. Wouldn't be surprised if they survived. The Marines I know use them and love them.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cgardel
It's hilarious to see someone wearing tactical boots who appears so out of shape that I doubt they could even do a pull-up. Mall ninjas.
Two questions: -Which forum did you learn that from? -Does the name "Gecko45" mean anything to you? Those boots look really nice. I've got 2 pair of marine issue desert boots from my school that are my go to boots for any sort of dirty work (of the physical labor type)- I could see picking up a pair of those Oaklies to replace them when they wear out. If they came with a reinforced toe, they'd be perfect.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Two questions:
-Which forum did you learn that from?
-Does the name "Gecko45" mean anything to you?

Gecko45 might just be the greatest internet legend ever.

Nexus6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cgardel
internetsoldierv.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen.....'Mighty Hermaphrodity'

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Gecko45 might just be the greatest internet legend ever.

I have never heard of Gecko45 before opening this thread, but now my life is that much better. The guy is a real life Dwight Shrute.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics