• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jodhpur boot recommendations sub $500?

rhymenoserous

Reaction score
Looking for some jodhpur boots sub $500. Would prefer sub $300 if there are decent pairs out there. Preferably black. Never had jodhpurs before but I love the look and the slip on slip off easy wear. Are Meermin's any good? They look great on the website for the money, but I have no experience with the brand. Or is it Carmina or go home?

Thanks,

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are from Trickers. Had them a few years. Solid and comfortable.
The Carminas look nice but were a ball ache to order and deliver when I was looking.
Meermins weren't vailable back then or they’d have been a possible choice. I have their Chelseas in suede.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago Meerimens quality was always spotty. However whenever I ordered something from Carmina I knew I was getting a good shoe or boot. Sometimes you do actually get what you pay for.

rhymenoserous

Reaction score
Mine are from Trickers. Had them a few years. Solid and comfortable.
The Carminas look nice but were a ball ache to order and deliver when I was looking.
Meermins weren't vailable back then or they’d have been a possible choice. I have their Chelseas in suede.
That's what I hear from the forums. Even at twice the price of Meermins, Carmina customer service and returns are a headache. Hear the same with Meermin, but the gamble is have that of Carmina. Are you liking your Meermin Chelseas?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I hear from the forums. Even at twice the price of Meermins, Carmina customer service and returns are a headache. Hear the same with Meermin, but the gamble is have that of Carmina. Are you liking your Meermin Chelseas?
Yeah my first pair of Meermins I think I had to send back for sizing but since then I have suede chelseas, polo suede loafers and snuff suede derbies now I have my fit dialled in. I think their customer service is likely much improved now they ship from New York so returns will be easier and no import duty (assuming you live in the US!)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's