• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM WESTON quality and service ???

charles

Reaction score
Dear All,

As a shoe fan, I own 20+ pairs of very good quality shoes (Vass, Carmina, C&J, Church's) and four pairs of Weston.

I had quality problems with 3 of them. And they fixed them.

But for the last one, shoes (Eton Moc) are completly dead. Tears and cracks. No way to save them.

They are not able to say if there is a wearing problem, but they don't want to admit a quality issue...

So be careful if you buy a pair of Weston and don't expect any service in case of problem of quality.

The warranty is valid till the door of the shop...

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
Better post pictures and explain the problem. But in my experience, Weston’s QC and finish is the best among the ones you mentioned

charles

Reaction score
OK, I will as soon as my shoes are back. basically, there is a cut in the leather on the side fo one shoe where the foot is bending.

It could happen. The worst part is how Weston's Customer service deals with that...

I do agree that Weston used to make very good shoes. Back in time...

cypi2

Reaction score
Dear All,

As a shoe fan, I own 20+ pairs of very good quality shoes (Vass, Carmina, C&J, Church's) and four pairs of Weston.

I had quality problems with 3 of them. And they fixed them.

But for the last one, shoes (Eton Moc) are completly dead. Tears and cracks. No way to save them.

They are not able to say if there is a wearing problem, but they don't want to admit a quality issue...

So be careful if you buy a pair of Weston and don't expect any service in case of problem of quality.

The warranty is valid till the door of the shop...

I am surprised by your post.

I own about 12 pairs of JM Weston shoes, all from their 'emblematique' collection and some of which i have worn for close to 10 years now. And, i have never had a single quality issue.

I have also been very satisfied by their level of service:

I ordered a couple of MTO shoes from them, and unfortunately, they were not made to specs.

In both cases, the shoes were promptly re-made to specs with absolutely no questions asked.

Finally, they even exchanged two pairs of shoes that did not fit and that showed obvious signs of wear (after a couple of wears) because they estimated that an inexperienced sales person had sold me shoes made on a last that could never fit me properly.

That is the only shoe maker that i know and that ever accepted to do such a thing!

Now, i will admit that the level of knowledge and service you get at JM Weston depends on the boutique and on the sales person.
So, may be i was just lucky when it comes to the level of service i received.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads