• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston Opinions

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
Excellent Edmund, glad you scored a pair and are happy with them. :slayer:

Edmund K

Reaction score
Hi cracked crab: I just realized there is no metal eyelets on the Demi-chasse. Is it normal? Most of my shoes from c&j, Alden, trickers... Etc has metal eyelet either outside of inside of the holes.

Last edited:

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
I don't think anything to be concerned about Edmund. there is no real standard when it comes to eyelets in my experience. I've seen outer/inner/none. No reason to think this is a flaw on these jmws but rather a decision by the maker to do it this way for this model.

Edmund K

Reaction score
I don't think anything to be concerned about Edmund. there is no real standard when it comes to eyelets in my experience. I've seen outer/inner/none. No reason to think this is a flaw on these jmws but rather a decision by the maker to do it this way for this model.

Thanks! I just amazing how well made the shoe is... You can feel the layering of the leather, liner and reinforcement...etc. but the out sole is extremely stiff which might last a very long time.

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more.i am very impressed with the quality of hide, and the construction. It will be a very long time before I wear through these. What's amazing is this shoe's big bother - the hunt derby chasse- is even more substantial with triple sole and hand stitching if you can believe that !
Don't have a pair ... Maybe because they are 2K + now

Edmund K

Reaction score
I saw the hunt derby and it is 2k, but the leather and stitch are so beautiful. Also they have a hand made wingtip. The weird thing is they look substantial ,but sleek and elegant at the same time.

phoni

Reaction score
Sorry for the thread hijack, just hoping someone can help out.

I've recently won an auction for these boots:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weston-Oxford-Stiefel-Balmoral-Boots-UK-8-/171247455560?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=UjtSolW2LPI%252Bqr45AHKnGOUmy9U%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea as what model/last these are. My google/styleforum searches have not yielded any exact matches so far. I came upon an older styleforum thread about JM Weston fakes but maybe I'm just paranoid...

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

bamboo

Reaction score
Hi. J5 is a last number and 377 is a model number.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents- Where's the best place to buy Westons in Paris or Stockholm early June?

simian

Reaction score
^^ Several locations. The one from which I've bought repeatedly is the one near place de la Madeleine, on boulevard Capucines. Very responsive sales people, particularly Virgile.

Capgreed

Reaction score
For future reference if it's of any use to a potential someone in here , I went to a Weston store in Paris in April .... And I've been properly fitted by the manager in a one cut in the 404 last of the claridge collection , the size I fitted perfectly in was 8/ E ( aka 8,5 E ) in Weston size ( the one that's written into the shoe , not on the box ) , slight V on the laces , perfect filling of the shoe no loose leather , perhaps I could use an additional centimeter in length but overall very very good fit ...
For reference in Carmina shoemaker oxfords with captoes in the RAIN last I'm a perfectly tight 9uk , in Rain lasted whole cuts ( since there are much less seams to tighten the vamp ) I'm a 9uk too but , almost no V on the lace , and slightly long ... I really need to try a 8,5uk EEE in RAIN lasted whole cut to see who it plays out lengthwise ....; but my approximation is that the 404 Weston last in E width sizes EXACTLY the same as a Carmina RAIN in EEE width .... so if you're a 8,5EEE uk in Carmina rain whole cut just take the 8,5 E 404 claridge ....

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads