• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

gte872h

Reaction score
First two pairs of JM Weston shoes. Love these shoes.

CB0BC4AA-7033-4284-9C56-C2C4B52239C9.jpeg

seaffarer

Reaction score
My first pair of J.M. Weston and it's 590. I'm already waiting for the spring. :blush:
Also I would like to ask advice from community - what Saphir product should I use to keep the initial color ? The main question is right tone of creme.

jmweston590.jpg

cypi2

Reaction score
My first pair of J.M. Weston and it's 590. I'm already waiting for the spring. :blush:
Also I would like to ask advice from community - what Saphir product should I use to keep the initial color ? The main question is right tone of creme.

View attachment 1088325

It is very nice to see all these splendid jm weston classics!

I use Saphir "marron moyen" (number 37) shoe cream or paste on all my jm weston shoes of this color, and it works well for me.

seaffarer

Reaction score
It is very nice to see all these splendid jm weston classics!

I use Saphir "marron moyen" (number 37) shoe cream or paste on all my jm weston shoes of this color, and it works well for me.

Thanks for help!

lucci

Reaction score
You definitely chose two of the best models: congrats !!!

charles

Reaction score
Dear All,

As a shoe fan, I own 20+ pairs of very good quality shoes (Vass, Carmina, C&J, Church's) and four pairs of Weston.

I had quality problems with 3 of them. And Weston fixed them.

But for the last one, shoes (Eton Moc) are completly dead. Tears and cracks. No way to save them.

They are not able to say if there is a wearing problem, but they don't want to admit a quality issue...

So be careful if you buy a pair of Weston and don't expect any service in case of problem of quality.

The warranty is valid till the door of the shop...

cypi2

Reaction score
Dear All,

As a shoe fan, I own 20+ pairs of very good quality shoes (Vass, Carmina, C&J, Church's) and four pairs of Weston.

I had quality problems with 3 of them. And Weston fixed them.

But for the last one, shoes (Eton Moc) are completly dead. Tears and cracks. No way to save them.

They are not able to say if there is a wearing problem, but they don't want to admit a quality issue...

So be careful if you buy a pair of Weston and don't expect any service in case of problem of quality.

The warranty is valid till the door of the shop...

I am surprised by your post.

I own about 12 pairs of JM Weston shoes, all from their 'emblematique' collection and some of which i have worn for close to 10 years now. And, i have never had a single quality issue.

I have also been very satisfied by their level of service:

I ordered a couple of MTO shoes from them, and unfortunately, they were not made to specs.

In both cases, the shoes were promptly re-made to specs with absolutely no questions asked.

Finally, they even exchanged two pairs of shoes that did not fit and that showed obvious signs of wear (after a couple of wears) because they estimated that an inexperienced sales person had sold me shoes made on a last that could never fit me properly.

That is the only shoe maker that i know and that ever accepted to do such a thing!

Now, i will admit that the level of knowledge and service you get at JM Weston depends on the boutique and on the sales person.
So, may be i was just lucky when it comes to the level of service i received.

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have always had excellent service from them, even with the factory members where my shoes were sent to be resoled.

charles

Reaction score
I do agree, They used to be excellent. Excellent shoes and excellent service. They are not like this anymore... They are just more and more expensive... :(

gte872h

Reaction score
Some interesting triple sole 180s. I’m liking the tan ones. Quite bold and unique.

F69BD16B-D263-4450-80DE-44335AE1A0DF.png

gte872h

Reaction score
JM Weston added a better pic on IG. I’m not really a loafer guy but these are sick.

BTW, does anyone know what Weston charges for special orders? Thinking about how nice a pair of tan derbies would look with natural or antique sole edges.

D1EC3BF2-BDD2-4570-8D27-E158E27A101B.jpeg

charles

Reaction score
Just go to Carmina they have the same model and the construction is far better. If you use the "customise" program, you can choose exactly what you want. For the model on your picture, it shoud cost around 500/550 €. It would be at least the double at Weston.

https://www.carminashoemaker.com/customize-loafers

The model you want is the 80440.

Hope this helps

gte872h

Reaction score
Just go to Carmina they have the same model and the construction is far better. If you use the "customise" program, you can choose exactly what you want. For the model on your picture, it shoud cost around 500/550 €. It would be at least the double at Weston.

https://www.carminashoemaker.com/customize-loafers

The model you want is the 80440.

Hope this helps

Thanks. Have a few pairs of Carmina's. I didn’t mean for the loafer since I’m not thinking of buying it. Just liked the design. Was asking about Weston fees for a custom color and sole edge for a Chasse model.

charles

Reaction score
Thanks. Have a few pairs of Carmina's. I didn’t mean for the loafer since I’m not thinking of buying it. Just liked the design. Was asking about Weston fees for a custom color and sole edge for a Chasse model.
The chasse is a shame ! A way much to expensive for what it worths !!! https://www.jmweston.com/derby-chasse-677-cuir-veau-finition-russia-noir

You have to add 50% on top for a customise. No way !

As you can see, I've been a loyal customer of Weston for years (decades ? perhaps) but I don't trust tem anymore to produce quality shoes. And i'm not talking about the price...

If you want a nice Chasse, just pick here again
https://www.carminashoemaker.com/customize-blucher-shoes model 757

Then pick your skin type and the sole you want. It should be unique !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads