• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
one for me, one for you :)

IMG_0170.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 7.51.15 PM.png

gte872h

Reaction score
Your foot must be well maintained but not compressed. If you're too confortable your foot will be floating inside after a few weeks. The first pair I bought was in E width. When I returned it to manufactory to change sole I asked to use a last in D to rebuilt it. All the other pairs I bought are D width, which is the usual width I buy for Weston shoes, and which is also their average width.

This is what I was thinking. I’m an E width but they are suggesting and sending me a D width.

Deejmb

Reaction score
Your foot must be well maintained but not compressed. If you're too confortable your foot will be floating inside after a few weeks. The first pair I bought was in E width. When I returned it to manufactory to change sole I asked to use a last in D to rebuilt it. All the other pairs I bought are D width, which is the usual width I buy for Weston shoes, and which is also their average width.

Thanks for the reply. Did you size down from your uk size to a .5? I wear a 9uk in cj harvard 2.

cetrio

Reaction score
Yes.
8,5UK for most of my (jm weston) shoes.
8UK for the 180 loafer, golf 641 and 4x4 690.
9UK for the 722 boots and 300/310 oxford

Doctor Damage

Reaction score
I've had these photos sitting on my hard drive, not sure where I got them but probably in another thread here. I've long wanted a pair of these triple soles but every time I look at the toe box I just know it's too pointy and my toes would be crushed.

Doctor Damage

Reaction score
Weston alongside Church's (source: the interweb)

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looks like corrected grain on the right one.

Doctor Damage

Reaction score
^ Looks like corrected grain on the right one.
Church's does a shiny finish on some of their shoes (emphasis on "some") so that's probably what the tan one is. Speaking more generally, most leathers are "corrected" to some extent and it's only on the internet that people think it's a huge issue.

gte872h

Reaction score
Church's does a shiny finish on some of their shoes (emphasis on "some") so that's probably what the tan one is. Speaking more generally, most leathers are "corrected" to some extent and it's only on the internet that people think it's a huge issue.

It’s what Tricker’s and other UK brands call bookbinder leather right? I’m assuming the shiny look and easy maintenance would be a plus for lots of less obsessed shoe folks out there. ;)

cetrio

Reaction score
I've had these photos sitting on my hard drive, not sure where I got them but probably in another thread here. I've long wanted a pair of these triple soles but every time I look at the toe box I just know it's too pointy and my toes would be crushed.

You could look for the former triple sole model called 589 (or 389 for vintage samples).

You can find it second hand but JM Weston can also do this for you on made to order ("commande historique").

TN001

Reaction score
I have always found that the 180’s were supremely comfortable right out of the box, whereas the Demi-Chasse and the Chasse required substantial break in periods (for me anyway). Be careful if you’re relying on a fitting in Paris, they like to fit them as if they’re painted on.

city74

Reaction score
Anyone have the suede Weston penny loafers? Do they fit wide or narrow? The website doesn’t really mention and idk if they make narrow widths or not

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads