• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

AunToni

Reaction score
In fact when they decided to give up the Chinese market a few years ago, they even ban Chinese IP adress from viewing their official webite. How wonderful!:rolleyes:
Thank you for saying this! I know! I confronted them about it recently and now they are acting like they never did it. Actually, I confronted them about it years ago when they did it, but never heard any response. But now they have a new website that is an eu website and they claim everyone can access it now blah blah blah.
This is the email they finally sent to me about it:

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your e-mail and your interest in J.M.Weston.

We would like to inform you that our website can be viewed is from all countries; our e-boutique is however only accessible in some countries.

Should you need to purchase an item, please do not hesitate to inform us as to which country you reside in and we can organise a distance sale via one of our boutiques.

You can discover our collections and the list of all our boutiques on our website : https:/eu.jmweston.com

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us from Monday until Friday from 10am until 7pm and from 10am until 5pm on Saturday at the following telephone number: +33 1 55 90 53 01.

Yours Sincerely,

Sylvie,
Relation client

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
I'm very confused by JM Weston's sizing. I am looking to get the 180 loafer but even though I'm in New York I can't exactly drive 4 hours to NYC right now just to try on some shoes.
I did their sizing thing on their site where i measure by feet tracings and they recommended I go with 6D. That seems very strange as I am an 8.5US on a brannock so going from 8.5 to 6 seems strange even after translating to UK sizing.
Where does JM Weston get these numbers and would I be safe getting their recommended size?

bullethead

Reaction score
I'm very confused by JM Weston's sizing. I am looking to get the 180 loafer but even though I'm in New York I can't exactly drive 4 hours to NYC right now just to try on some shoes.
I did their sizing thing on their site where i measure by feet tracings and they recommended I go with 6D. That seems very strange as I am an 8.5US on a brannock so going from 8.5 to 6 seems strange even after translating to UK sizing.
Where does JM Weston get these numbers and would I be safe getting their recommended size?
I’m a 14 to 14.5 in us sizing and all my 180’s are ’weston size’ 13. You may call the store and get an overall length measurement of a 6.5 and see how it compares

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did JM Weston reopen their NY store?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a 14 to 14.5 in us sizing and all my 180’s are ’weston size’ 13. You may call the store and get an overall length measurement of a 6.5 and see how it compares

Yes. They have their own sizing system. I wear 9- 9.5 3-4 E ( g-h).
I was in their London shop 5 years ago. I measured 7.5 F in their sizes.
Naturally, they had no shoes in the size to try on.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jmw.jpg

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the 180, 641 golf, 598 and a sneaker
Sales guy had no idea about em
I "helped" =)

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's definitely (mecanized) norwegian, something JM Weston rarely makes. Veldt wouldn't have the upper row of stitches.
A picture of the internal markings would tell if it's MTO

How can I tell if they're MTO?

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Where can I order JM Westons online and have them delivered to the US? Their website doesn't ship here and I'm struggling to find somewhere that does since their NYC location is closed. How the hell are Americans supposed to get a pair?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads