• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are these bison, buffalo...or.?
model 680
jm680.jpg

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not sure, I bought them second hand. However, I don't think it's Norwegian but
veldtschoen construction.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might be of interest to someone here. Selling a pair of 180 lizard loafers for a friend.

Fair used condition, lots of life left and reasonably priced I'd say

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Might be of interest to someone here. Selling a pair of 180 lizard loafers for a friend.

Fair used condition, lots of life left and reasonably priced I'd say

Actually kind of bummed about this as they're not my size, otherwise I absolutely would have jumped on this offer

Reactions: MaE

AunToni

Reaction score
Don't lash out because of your bad taste in loafers. Simply providing a link for more Google images... you might have complained that it's not a direct comparison because the Weston's pictured above were black not brown
Taste is largely subjective. That being said, how do you like your pair of Piccadillys?

laureth

Reaction score
J.M. Weston now offers online shopping on their own website, with a size guide for each model where you put in your measurements! :worship:

The countries they ship to aren't that many yet, but it'll probably expand later on. Sweden is unfortunately not on the list either currently. :(

AunToni

Reaction score
J.M. Weston now offers online shopping on their own website, with a size guide for each model where you put in your measurements! :worship:

The countries they ship to aren't that many yet, but it'll probably expand later on. Sweden is unfortunately not on the list either currently. :(
They've had this for a while, well at least the online shopping, but they limit it to a few countries. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but they have now blocked their website in some countries, countries they used to do business in.

laureth

Reaction score
They've had this for a while, well at least the online shopping, but they limit it to a few countries. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but they have now blocked their website in some countries, countries they used to do business in.
Quite possible. Although online shopping was never accessible for me through Weston's website in Sweden. I always found it a bit strange that they would list sizes for shoes, and with some marked as "find in boutique", but didn't offer online shopping (at least not openly). I wasn't aware at all actually, except that mail order was possible.

I'm off to Paris in ~3 months or so, thus making online shopping a bit non-essential for me right now :D Going to be interesting to see what they have in their Weston Vintage stock too.

AunToni

Reaction score
Quite possible. Although online shopping was never accessible for me through Weston's website in Sweden. I always found it a bit strange that they would list sizes for shoes, and with some marked as "find in boutique", but didn't offer online shopping (at least not openly). I wasn't aware at all actually, except that mail order was possible.

I'm off to Paris in ~3 months or so, thus making online shopping a bit non-essential for me right now :D Going to be interesting to see what they have in their Weston Vintage stock too.
I would only go vintage from them these days. Their art director these days is terrible, as you can see by quickly browsing their shoes online.

Sutefan

Reaction score
I would only go vintage from them these days. Their art director these days is terrible, as you can see by quickly browsing their shoes online.
Their classics are the only really good ones, though. But they are great, and I think you'll have a difficult time running out of good options ;)

AunToni

Reaction score
Their classics are the only really good ones, though. But they are great, and I think you'll have a difficult time running out of good options ;)
If you mean running out of good options from JM Weston, I've done that. Haha. Granted most of the shoes I own from them are from when Michel Perry was art director, but yeah, basically bought all I was interested in from them, which amounted to 15 pairs of shoes. But happy to depart from them since their customer service and overall company attitude is one of arrogance and complete disrespect for long term customers. Once they close stores in your country, they act as if you don't exist. Literally, I've emailed them countless times and have heard no response from them. So, enjoy!

sldsd

Reaction score
..... Once they close stores in your country, they act as if you don't exist. ..

In fact when they decided to give up the Chinese market a few years ago, they even ban Chinese IP adress from viewing their official webite. How wonderful!:rolleyes:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads