• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

yunBW

Reaction score
Alright, well the 6.5 D will be a good data point once it arrives. The 180 is by far my best fitting loafer compared to Alden and Allen Edmonds. Hopefully your patience will be deserved in the end of all this.:)
Yeah same thought. JMW is probably one of the few loafers that fit me pretty comfortable when I tried on. Since a lot of them doesn’t work for my instep.

yunBW

Reaction score
@gte872h hey,

I just received size 6.5D. It was quite hard to get my feet into the shoes even wearing the thinnest socks I got. I didn’t get any heel slip with 6.5D but everything fits too snug for my liking where it hurts after trying on for a while. Meanwhile for 7D its somewhat loose with my thinnest socks while other part fits comfortably.

size 7
A14A052E-E385-48BF-9E3A-79B8AC532552.jpeg

the left/top is size 6.5 and the right/bottom is 7. I think my right feet is slightly smaller than left
A2684DA1-9485-4D89-ACB7-6427618CAC5F.jpeg

8298CFF0-4B3B-4F26-A694-E5CE4B5EE674.jpeg

Size 6.5

gte872h

Reaction score
@gte872h hey,

I just received size 6.5D. It was quite hard to get my feet into the shoes even wearing the thinnest socks I got. I didn’t get any heel slip with 6.5D but everything fits too snug for my liking where it hurts after trying on for a while. Meanwhile for 7D its somewhat loose with my thinnest socks while other part fits comfortably.

size 7
View attachment 1436704
the left/top is size 6.5 and the right/bottom is 7. I think my right feet is slightly smaller than left
View attachment 1436705
View attachment 1436706
Size 6.5

Well it seems as we sort of expected that the 6.5D may be too tight and the 7D is too loose. Now we have confirmation that is the case for you. Like “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” I would assume that your correct size would be 6.5E. Unfortunately you would have to order through the boutique. Is this correct?

In my case when I tried on the correct size I intuitively knew it was a good fit and the right size for me. It was snug but not too snug and not loose either. As I told you earlier I need a thin tongue pad for my smaller foot but besides that I immediately knew it was a good fit. I know it has been a long process and frustrating I’m sure but hopefully the 6.5E will be a great fit for you in the end.

I would suggest sharing this information with the boutique before your order since I am not a professional fitter or anything and have just been providing you with general advice based on my limited experience.:)

yunBW

Reaction score
Well it seems as we sort of expected that the 6.5D may be too tight and the 7D is too loose. Now we have confirmation that is the case for you. Like “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” I would assume that your correct size would be 6.5E. Unfortunately you would have to order through the boutique. Is this correct?

In my case when I tried on the correct size I intuitively knew it was a good fit and the right size for me. It was snug but not too snug and not loose either. As I told you earlier I need a thin tongue pad for my smaller foot but besides that I immediately knew it was a good fit. I know it has been a long process and frustrating I’m sure but hopefully the 6.5E will be a great fit for you in the end.

I would suggest sharing this information with the boutique before your order since I am not a professional fitter or anything and have just been providing you with general advice based on my limited experience.:)
Yeah, if it's 6.5E then I need to order from the boutique. However, I was just looking up the sizes on their official website, it seems they don't have 6.5E. I might give a try asking via email.

Last edited:

yunBW

Reaction score
@gte872h Just out of curiosity, If I tried size 6.5D with my thinnest socks, but my usual socks are more on the thicker size. By going E width will it still be difficult to fit in?

gte872h

Reaction score
I’m not sure yunBW. I always wear thin dress socks when I wear my 180. If I were to wear thicker socks it would probably still be ok but not preferable for me. If you are wearing the correct size the socks shouldn’t matter much since over time the fit will mold to your feet somewhat as it breaks in. Unless you are wearing heavy winter socks or choosing to go sockless I wouldn’t overthink it.

yunBW

Reaction score
I’m not sure yunBW. I always wear thin dress socks when I wear my 180. If I were to wear thicker socks it would probably still be ok but not preferable for me. If you are wearing the correct size the socks shouldn’t matter much since over time the fit will mold to your feet somewhat as it breaks in. Unless you are wearing heavy winter socks or choosing to go sockless I wouldn’t overthink it.
Do you have any thin socks brand that you recommend? I have been just buying Uniqlo sock since I wear boots and sneaker most of the time. Never thought too much about it.

gte872h

Reaction score
Do you have any thin socks brand that you recommend? I have been just buying Uniqlo sock since I wear boots and sneaker most of the time. Never thought too much about it.

Depends on what you like. I like to wear merino wool socks instead of cotton since it wicks moisture a lot better. I have some Darn Tough dress socks I probably bought at gobros.com. Pantherella makes good wool dress socks but they are even pricier than Darn Tough.

yunBW

Reaction score
@gte872h i have contacted JM with my experience of trying different size loafer as well as measurements of my feet. The staff still recommended me with a size 6E. I’m at bit concern with their size recommendations because I couldn’t even get my feet into size 6D. I doubt 6E make such a significant difference.

Last edited:

gte872h

Reaction score
@gte872h i have contacted JM with my experience of trying different size loafer as well as measurements of my feet. The staff still recommended me with a size 6E. I’m at bit concern with their size recommendations because I couldn’t even get my feet into size 6D. I doubt 6E make such a significant difference.

Did you explain the whole story and all the different sizes you have already tried? It’s a bit strange if they know all of this. By the way, I have heard in the past that certain boutiques try to get clients to fit into uncomfortably small sizes. Luckily that hasn’t happened to me. If you feel certain that a 6E would be too small for you then insist on the 6.5E. If they keep pushing the 6E then try to get them to pay for the return shipping if the size does not work for you. Good luck.:)

yunBW

Reaction score
Did you explain the whole story and all the different sizes you have already tried? It’s a bit strange if they know all of this. By the way, I have heard in the past that certain boutiques try to get clients to fit into uncomfortably small sizes. Luckily that hasn’t happened to me. If you feel certain that a 6E would be too small for you then insist on the 6.5E. If they keep pushing the 6E then try to get them to pay for the return shipping if the size does not work for you. Good luck.:)
I have pretty much give a summary of what I said here to the boutique. I’ll emphasize it again and see what they say. They do offer free shipping and exchange, but their refund policy is only store credit, which bothers me since I don’t know if the last will fit me well even if I have the correct size

letsgofire

Reaction score
What do people think of this new loafer

1601728214896.jpeg

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do people think of this new loafer

View attachment 1470253
Nice, but the outsole won't last as far as you don't wear them at home. They seem to be really thin. Are they Blake?

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might pull the trigger with La Cambre this winter. I have had this bootie in my mind since long ago ( +15years) and now I feel like to wear Chelsea boots. Anyone have some pics of a well worn pair?. Any comments to push me to go forward without hesitation?.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics