• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JM Weston appreciation thread

gte872h

Reaction score
Your foot must be well maintained but not compressed. If you're too confortable your foot will be floating inside after a few weeks. The first pair I bought was in E width. When I returned it to manufactory to change sole I asked to use a last in D to rebuilt it. All the other pairs I bought are D width, which is the usual width I buy for Weston shoes, and which is also their average width.
This is what I was thinking. I’m an E width but they are suggesting and sending me a D width.

Deejmb

Reaction score
Your foot must be well maintained but not compressed. If you're too confortable your foot will be floating inside after a few weeks. The first pair I bought was in E width. When I returned it to manufactory to change sole I asked to use a last in D to rebuilt it. All the other pairs I bought are D width, which is the usual width I buy for Weston shoes, and which is also their average width.
Thanks for the reply. Did you size down from your uk size to a .5? I wear a 9uk in cj harvard 2.

cetrio

Reaction score
Yes.
8,5UK for most of my (jm weston) shoes.
8UK for the 180 loafer, golf 641 and 4x4 690.
9UK for the 722 boots and 300/310 oxford

Doctor Damage

Reaction score
I've had these photos sitting on my hard drive, not sure where I got them but probably in another thread here. I've long wanted a pair of these triple soles but every time I look at the toe box I just know it's too pointy and my toes would be crushed.

Doctor Damage

Reaction score
Weston alongside Church's (source: the interweb)

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looks like corrected grain on the right one.

Doctor Damage

Reaction score
590 (source: the interweb)

Doctor Damage

Reaction score
^ Looks like corrected grain on the right one.
Church's does a shiny finish on some of their shoes (emphasis on "some") so that's probably what the tan one is. Speaking more generally, most leathers are "corrected" to some extent and it's only on the internet that people think it's a huge issue.

gte872h

Reaction score
Church's does a shiny finish on some of their shoes (emphasis on "some") so that's probably what the tan one is. Speaking more generally, most leathers are "corrected" to some extent and it's only on the internet that people think it's a huge issue.
It’s what Tricker’s and other UK brands call bookbinder leather right? I’m assuming the shiny look and easy maintenance would be a plus for lots of less obsessed shoe folks out there. ;)

cetrio

Reaction score
I've had these photos sitting on my hard drive, not sure where I got them but probably in another thread here. I've long wanted a pair of these triple soles but every time I look at the toe box I just know it's too pointy and my toes would be crushed.

You could look for the former triple sole model called 589 (or 389 for vintage samples).

You can find it second hand but JM Weston can also do this for you on made to order ("commande historique").

TN001

Reaction score
I have always found that the 180’s were supremely comfortable right out of the box, whereas the Demi-Chasse and the Chasse required substantial break in periods (for me anyway). Be careful if you’re relying on a fitting in Paris, they like to fit them as if they’re painted on.

city74

Reaction score
Anyone have the suede Weston penny loafers? Do they fit wide or narrow? The website doesn’t really mention and idk if they make narrow widths or not

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.