JL Jermyn II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hopkins_student, Aug 18, 2006.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

A lot of people around here seem to regard the Jermyn II as the pinnacle of monk strap shoes and perhaps Lobb's finest offering. Why is this? What makes it stand out more than a typical monk strap shoe?

2. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

A lot of people around here seem to regard the Jermyn II as the pinnacle of monk strap shoes and perhaps Lobb's finest offering. Why is this? What makes it stand out more than a typical monk strap shoe?

I prefer the Oundle, which seems more balanced. The Jermyn II , with its strap oriented toward the middle, seems somehow not exactly correct.

Disclosure: I own neither, but I've seen both.

3. thinman

thinman Senior member

I prefer both the Oundle and the Osner.

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

It's very sleek and is more contemporary looking than EG's monkstraps in black leather. The Jermyn IIs will likely be my first pair of Lobbs. For browns I'd probably get the 888 Oundle before the Jermyn II however because I love EG antiquing and there's more color options.

5. TKDKid

TKDKid Senior member

I think Lobb was the first to reinterpret the basic EG Stowe design as a wholecut. It's also a Prestige Line model and so made to better standards than EG shoes (bevelled soles etc).

6. ragdoll

ragdoll Senior member

I am guilty of owning both the JL and EG. I prefer the JL but honestly the Vass Monkstrap in the U-Last blows them both away (oh, I just bought those as well)[​IMG]