• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jimmy Fallon suit from Late Night Premiere

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
AFAIK he did some work with Calvin Klein last year including some publicity shots with him wearing CK suits.
I'm thinking it might be this.

I think Conan had most of his done by Martin Greenfield? Judging from Fallon's pants, I don't think that's the case for him though. Greenfield would not let that fly.

Jacksdad

Reaction score
i actually think jimmy kimmel dresses pretty well. His suits have a very soft neapolitan shoulder. I wouldn't doubt it if they were Kiton.
bigstar[1].gif

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would put money on this being Tom Ford. I tried on a suit very similar to this a few months ago at NM-- that and the five buttons, the lapel buttonhole, shape of the shoulders, etc. look like it to me. looks like no belt loops either, similar to the TF James Bond suits.

I'm embarassed to admit I kinda like the way TF looked on me when I tried on the suit jacket.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
I'm embarassed to admit I kinda like the way TF looked on me when I tried on the suit jacket.
I don't think you should be. the TF cut can look really good on the right body type. The shoulder and large ticket pocket flap lead me to believe it's TF. And give the Fallon some time! The Slow Jamming the News bit was funny
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I'm a little torn about The Roots being the houseband. They're too tight to be there.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
I'm a little torn about The Roots being the houseband. They're too tight to be there.

Yes, but is there a better gig for a working musician? CONSTANT steady paycheck, MAJOR mainstream exposure. They will have work until retirement if they want it without having to hustle for any future gigs. And I cant think of a harder working, better deserving band than The Roots.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
Yes, but is there a better gig for a working musician? CONSTANT steady paycheck, MAJOR mainstream exposure. They will have work until retirement if they want it without having to hustle for any future gigs. And I cant think of a harder working, better deserving band than The Roots.
That's why I'm torn. It's amazing exposure for them. However, there's a part of me that wants ?uestlove to be producing. Maybe even calling D'Angelo up...

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
I'm sure they still have plenty of time for producing, as well as backups for touring, just like Max Weinburg.

They also pay homage to the east coast crew and sound where the show is filmed.

Ironically I've been listening to all the old D'Angelo live stuff lately.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Of all the current late night talk show hosts, I still think Letterman is the most stylish. However mediocre Fallon is, he is not nearly as badly dressed as Conan.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Narciso
Conan's got a tough body to fit, even for mtm. I can cut him a little slack.

It's not just the fit; it's his style.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
It's not just the fit; it's his style.

I agree. To me, it's not consistent...one day he'll wear a 2B suit that fits him well, the next he'll wear a 3B monstrosity with a gorge that starts at his collar bone.

juklano

Reaction score
Everyone's got to cut Fallon some slack. He is obviously new to this show business, you can see him nervous all of the time. It all comes from the expectations of "replacing" Conan, but he has to find his own voice. Right now, he's just following the ideas the producers give and still doesn't know his boundaries.

The host makes 75% of the show, but he doesn't know himself enough yet. Give him a few years- he's got to grow.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmen Diaz was hot in the black pantsuit and she had some moves when she was in the dance off with Fallon. How come she ain;'t married?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads