1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Jimmy Choo Men's Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrbateman, Jul 7, 2011.

1. md2010

md2010 Well-Known Member

Sorry to dig this old thread...... I have checked these shoes at a store in Sydney. These shoes are really well made.And there are many classic models (such as cap toe) Really solid the sole is work of art . Once you pick up a pair of JC you will recognize them from miles away . Ask me why ? The sole on these shoes are so damn straight - I mean you will not see a pair of shes with such straight sole. They sit on the shelf just flat. They are welted and channeled. Leather quality is top notch . All of their dress shoes comes with Flash mount toe tap (black rubber piece with 3 nails). The craftsman ship on these are flawless(I mean you will not find a blemish on leather or on stitching).These shoes are a perfect combination of English solid built quality and Italian sleekness. These are retailing at around $950+ which I would not pay.But I will happily buy them on sale at around $600.

I am surprised how so many members here posted negative comments about these shoes. Gents go to a store and get your hands on a pair ........ then post your comments.

2. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

3. shaqin93

shaqin93 Active Member

4. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

I believe jafaar from the movie aladdin wore a similiar pair

5. Fraiche

Fraiche Well-Known Member

Can anyone else confirm the quality of JC construction? Worth it at 50-70% off?

6. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

7. Fraiche

Fraiche Well-Known Member

I purchased a pair of Jimmy Choos to check it out from MrPorter since it was deeply discounted.

Let's just say it was still overpriced rubber soled junk made to look like it was leather soled. Fit was horrible as the heel leather was rubbing right up on the bone. Issued a return ASAP.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  8. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Well-Known Member

Not flaming, but the irony

I bought a pair of Jimmy Choo's last week... for my wife that is

9. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Checked again. These monk strap chukkas are quite nice.

Handled a pair and they feel pretty solid. From the way they are finished, I cannot tell how they are constructed though.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  10. PSFAN

PSFAN Well-Known Member

Hi guys, thinking about getting these JC (my first) , what do you guys think of them, can i wear them to work/casual with jeans[​IMG]?

11. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

I don't think anything of them. What kind of work would you wear these to? Where would you go in these?

12. PSFAN

PSFAN Well-Known Member

euh with a suit or grey pants/black shirt.. here's a couple examples[​IMG]:[​IMG]

what do you think?

13. PSFAN

PSFAN Well-Known Member

Or: [​IMG]

14. PSFAN

PSFAN Well-Known Member