1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Jimmy Choo Men's Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrbateman, Jul 7, 2011.

1. mrbateman

mrbateman Well-Known Member

2. Mr.K

Mr.K Well-Known Member

Most of those look like shit. I will stick to Alden for my shoes. No need to pay even more inflated prices for a designer shoe. I think the Jimmy Choo's should be left for the women.

3. mrbateman

mrbateman Well-Known Member

Most of those look like shit. I will stick to Alden for my shoes. No need to pay even more inflated prices for a designer shoe. I think the Jimmy Choo's should be left for the women.

+1

4. Achilles_

Achilles_ Well-Known Member

Why do women pay so much for these shoes? Are they constructed better, more comfortable, etc....?

5. Infrasonic

Infrasonic Well-Known Member

Why do women pay so much for these shoes? Are they constructed better, more comfortable, etc....?

Marketing, peer pressure.

6. radiation

radiation Active Member

Sex and the City.

As for men... Those shoes are entirely too expensive to be of such transient style. Not that I'm rushing out to pay $1100 for a pair of shoes when I can get good ones for $200-$300 (AE sales, etc), but I'm sure as hell not paying four figures for shoes that I wouldn't be caught dead in 18 months from now.

7. stinsonbass

stinsonbass Well-Known Member

Marketing, peer pressure.
    +1 The shoes are hideous .. at least those for men are.. my ex had like 10 pairs of JC and they were quite awesome actually but in general it's advertising.. [​IMG] Except for the paisley loafers... I kind of like them [​IMG] no I actually do .. it is a sin I know..

8. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

They look cheap to me....
    But we know they aren't.

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Forget about the dress shoes: no sneakers in the world are worth $700.

10. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

My wife has a few pairs of Jimmy Choos, and she says that they are the most comfortable heeled shoes that she's ever worn before. I compared them to some of her other shoes, and the construction does seem to be pretty good for a women's shoe.

11. Imhoff

Imhoff Well-Known Member

"Rugged Suede"

See also "Shit Stained"

12. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

You are not alone[​IMG] Etro made some paisley laceups a few summesr ago, that were nice.

13. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Ugly. All of them.

14. lexmann

lexmann Well-Known Member

+1

15. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Nonsense, JC doesn't even know their audience, they tell you nothing about the shoes. Can't even justify the price, I can get Ferragamos for $300 on sale better than these. I suppose it can be worse, Hermes may come out with a flip flop line at $1,000 a pair...

16. Nick V.

Nick V. Well-Known Member

Strictly fashion intended. If there were any valuable construction or quality features they would have mentioned them. In style until they set new fashions for the public to buy.
    Woman's marketing technique but no value in the Men's market.
    Thanks to the OP for posting though.

17. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

Strictly fashion intended. If there were any valuable construction or quality features they would have mentioned them.

not necessarily. most people have no idea what a channeled sole is, they just wanna hear about how chicks "always look at the shoes" or other marketing nonsense.

It's possible that these are actually made quite well. They're not really that fashiony either, mostly just classic captoes etc.

They're probably shit, but i wouldn't judge them without seeing them first hand.

18. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

[​IMG] That is the only shoe I find interesting without being downright ugly (like leopard prints etc). I prefer the works of Jimmy's son, Danny anyway. [​IMG]

19. Nick V.

Nick V. Well-Known Member

not necessarily. most people have no idea what a channeled sole is, they just wanna hear about how chicks "always look at the shoes" or other marketing nonsense.

It's possible that these are actually made quite well. They're not really that fashiony either, mostly just classic captoes etc.

They're probably shit, but i wouldn't judge them without seeing them first hand.

Fair points....
    However, my hunch is after a year at most, they will be relegated to the back of your closet hoping for an Ebay bidder. And, if you are committed to the expense of manufacturing something made quite well why not explain? It won't hurt in making the sale.

20. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

Hermes Man's head just assploded.