Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jil Sander Ts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Stu, May 6, 2005.

1. Stu

Stu Senior member

Just wondering what the street wear gurus thought of Jil Sander T shirts? I have one that is a simple white T with no logo, no print, that I wear untucked with jeans and suede laceups or Campers. I love the minimalist look of it, just a great piece in my wardrobe.

2. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Did you pay retail? If so, do tell. Brunello Cucinelli does a white cotton t-shirt for $350. I just run, run, run...

3. Stu

Stu Senior member

(Stu @ May 06 2005,08:32) Just wondering what the street wear gurus thought of Jil Sander T shirts? I have one that is a simple white T with no logo, no print, that I wear untucked with jeans and suede laceups or Campers. Â I love the minimalist look of it, just a great piece in my wardrobe.
    Did you pay retail? Â If so, do tell. Â Brunello Cucinelli does a white cotton t-shirt for $350. Â I just run, run, run...
    Retail? Jeez, why didn't you just ask if I smuggle hash, still beat my wife, etc. [​IMG] I bought it at Bluefly last year for about $80.

4. Etruscan

Etruscan Senior member

Eighty dollars for a T-shirt? What does it do?

5. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Ok, OK. Stu, do you smuggle hash?

6. Stu

Stu Senior member

How else could I afford an 80 dollar T shirt? But seriously, accusing me of paying retail, man that hurts. Around these parts that's a low blow [​IMG]

7. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

What do you guys think of Zimmerli? IMO their white t-shirt seems to be the best in the world, the royal-classic one, for $65 retail. Am I wrong? Bill Clinton wears it.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The t-shirts (especially the double layer ones with elbow detials) are great - both in fit and softness, but really, really expensive. They hold up very well as well. I had the chance to pick one or two up for about $20 apiece once, and opted out. Dumb, dumb LA Guy.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Dumb indeed. Jil Sander t-shirts are great. Never worn anything by Zimmerli, Geowu.

10. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

Zimmerli allegedly makes the best underwear in the world. It's a Swiss company in the business for over a century, they use African cotton with unique ringspun techniques (one of the reasons why they are the best is the special cotton fabric they use) and many important people wear it. Prince Charles, Hollywood actors, presidents, etc. The price for t-shirts is around $65 and for briefs is around $50. http://www.hisroom.com/Zimmerli,Zim001,1.cfm

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Oh, it must be good then. I'll also wear one with my Von Dutch Cap (also endorsed until very recently by Hollywood actors.)

Seriously though, Zimmerli *is* good...as underwear... Jil Sander tees made to be worn out. Big difference.

12. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

ok.. I never saw Jil Sander or Zimmerli in person, so I really don't know much. [​IMG]

13. hermes

hermes Senior member

zimmerli is very good for underwear
    to find it cheap, go to switzerland in january during sales time, one of the department stores will have it on sale (of course the cost of the flight doesn't help but if you're in the area .....)

as for jil sander, great fit, horrible prices

14. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

everything from Jil Sander is absurdly overpriced. It's a Prada-owned label...

.luc

15. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

Do you mean Zimmerli t-shirts are not as good as Jil Sander's? hm.. I hate Prada, not just for the awful designs..