1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jil sander suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dan, Oct 22, 2003.

1. dan

dan Active Member

anybody happen to know if jil sander suits have fused fronts? i'm thinking most likely, but i'm not positive.

2. hermes

hermes Senior member

i have a jil sander suit

from what i can tell it does not seem to be fused as i can pull the fabric away from the inside layer which would appear to me to indicate a canvas front - it does indicate hand tailoring on a separate label inside the suit

i do admit that it is a few years old and was from the last collection done by jil sander herself before selling so things may have changed with the current prada group control

3. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior member

I too have a Jil Sander suit with a seperate "Hand Made" tag.

Mine appears fused as there is some crackle as I seperate the the chest panels.

I must admit I haven't been too impresses by ither this suit or a pair of Jil Sander men's oxford shoes bought in 2000 when the Jil Sander label was all the rage.

Poor quality all round (the suit lost its shape after 4 wears and even pressing couldn't get it back to pristine condition)but I did get them cheaply off eBay.

4. dan

dan Active Member

welp, this is the suit i was looking at. jil sander suit not recommended, eh?

5. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Looks nice, I saw that one myself, but my budget and clothing needs don't have room for a suit purchase. Anyway, I've felt some Jil Sander suits at Last Call before, and if I recall correctly they were canvas-front, though I'm sure they definitely have a fused-front base line. At least on the higher-end designer models, it seems like they're all pretty much rebranded Zegnas similar to main-line Zegna in quality. If I were you I'd just e-mail the seller and ask whether it's fused or not.

6. dan

dan Active Member

e-mailed the guy. he said it's canvas front. hope nobody on the board is gonna bid with me for it [​IMG]

7. hermes

hermes Senior member

don't worry, although i think it's a good price for what it is, wrong size for me - hope you get it

8. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have an identically constructed Jil Sander suit hanging behind me in my office. I had thought that it wasn't fused but I was wrong. These new fusables will trick you if you don't pay close attention. There is a VERY thin layer fused to the chest fabric. I think the suit you are looking at is still a good deal though.

9. dan

dan Active Member

buy it now was 399 and the suit ended up going for 466. guess i should've jumped on it when i had the chance.