• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jil Sander Returns!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Jil Sander to Take on Design Role at Uniqlo

by WWD Staff

Posted Monday March 16, 2009

From WWD Issue 03/17/2009

TOKYO - Jil Sander is making her long-awaited comeback - but in a fast-fashion way.

The German designer is on the brink of signing a "design consulting agreement" to oversee the men's and..

rupertwaddles

Reaction score
Haha, interesting career choices. Quitting one job because of having to work within some quality constraints, then taking another job with even more constraints. Not saying that's dumb, just a funny turn of events, I might not even have my facts straight. Anyways I'm interested in seeing how this goes
smile.gif

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh noes, moar fashunz for teh plebeians.

Honestly though, I'm excited. I just hope they keep doing good basics, cheap cashmere/seersucker/etc.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rupertwaddles
Haha, interesting career choices. Quitting one job because of having to work within some quality constraints, then taking another job with even more constraints. Not saying that's dumb, just a funny turn of events, I might not even have my facts straight. Anyways I'm interested in seeing how this goes
smile.gif

Yes

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rupertwaddles
Haha, interesting career choices. Quitting one job because of having to work within some quality constraints, then taking another job with even more constraints.

Money is a hell of a drug.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't around to experience pre-Raf Jil so I don't know whether this should excite me or not.

rupertwaddles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Yes

Ahh ok, I figured Jil left Jil because the Prada Group dude was cutting corners and **** too hard but that was just my assumption.

pcl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I wasn't around to experience pre-Raf Jil so I don't know whether this should excite me or not.
Pre-Raf, when Jil was Jil? Very minimalist, reductionist, neutural colors, lots of grey and black.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pcl
Pre-Raf, when Jil was Jil? Very minimalist, reductionist, neutural colors, lots of grey and black.

That + cheap materials doesn't sound especially exciting

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm not excited at all. Uniqlo already did minimalist stuff and basics. It's not like the materials are going to become better since they have to keep the cost super cheap. At least the designer invitation stuff is cool because it brings interesting style but for cheap. I thought part of the Jil magic was that it was basic clothing, but with really nice materials, construction and stuff. I guess i don't expect much.

davo10375

Reaction score
The real question is will you kop uniqlo now SoCal? No beef if you do but it will be a transition from lebron james baller to michael ruffin.

Would prefer to see Jil Sander get involved with a more mid-range brand... if I was one of the ridiculous amounts of minimalistic scandinavian designers (fillipa k, acne etc) i'd probably get Jil involved to try set my self apart without moving too far aesthetically.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads