1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jil Sander Returns!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SoCal2NYC, Mar 16, 2009.

1. jakejake

jakejake Senior member

Chesterfield coat sucks. I'm saying this as a guy that originally only really wanted that item.

Wool military jacket on the other hand is pretty awesome though plain.

Can you elaborate more about your comment on the Chesterfield coat? I'm thinking of getting one.

2. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

The wool/cashmere is really thin, and the lapels are way too small. My custom cashmere from China that cost me less than $50 is better quality, and that says a lot. Plus peak lapels on an overcoat like that isn't terribly great in my opinion, but that part goes unnoticed by most. If you have no other options for a coat in that style then I guess it'd be ok, but honestly I was very unimpressed with it.

3. SPK

SPK Senior member

Does anyone have any of the +J suits and can comment on the fit/quality and can possibly provide a fit pic?

4. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

I have the wool flannel suit. Thick and warm for the cold days. The blazer have a narrow shoulder, high arm holes, and fits slim. Jacket is cut a little shorter, my size XS length measured from the back is about 26 inches. Pants is low rise, fits very slim on the thigh and legs and a small taper at the ankle. I feel that the qualitiy is nice for the price. Looks more expensive than the price tag.

No fit pics, no camera right now.

5. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

If it's anything like my regular suits from this season of Uniqlo then for the price you honestly can't beat it, and they'll still look fine while being comfortable.

My last suit fit pic was a regular Uniqlo suit from this season, but I"m not sure how much the overall fit is different from +J.

6. SPK

SPK Senior member

Thanks guys. I'm thinking of snagging one off the B/S but I'm not sure if $260 for the wool suit is reasonable. Probably around $60 more than the cost of the suit including taxes and shipping. If I'm normally an XS in uniqlo shirts, would I fit an XS in the +J suits or are they slightly slimmer? I was at uniqlo the other day and was looking for suits other than the +J ones that are sold out and could not find any. Are those only sold in Asia?

7. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

i'm an xs in all uniqlo shirts and i bought the suit in xs with pants size 29. The ones from B/S forum is not the wool flannel, i believe thats the tasmania wool.

8. SPK

SPK Senior member

Yah i think you're right. Looks like it's the same design/construction just different material?

9. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Yah i think you're right. Looks like it's the same design/construction just different material?
    Nope, different design. The flannel one is peak lapel, not notch.

10. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

only thing i really liked in J+ was the moncler style jacket
    [​IMG]

11. blynch

blynch Senior member

is nyc uniqlo allowing phone orders on the j+ stuff now that it has been out awhile?

12. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Think most of the stuff is sold out already.

13. arlee

arlee Senior member

14. amnesiac

amnesiac Senior member

stopped by the store today, there was quite a bit of the +j for women's left, especially coats. Also, they told my girlfriend that they're getting a new shipment of +j from japan that will be a bit slimmer and smaller sizes, but i don't know if that shipment will include mens. just letting you know [​IMG]

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

man people sure stopped caring about this fast

16. wttm

wttm Senior member

man people sure stopped caring about this fast

Cause they all got what they wanted.

17. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

18. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Anyone know what the Spring Collection is like?

19. Desi

Desi Senior member