Jil Sander Returns!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SoCal2NYC, Mar 16, 2009.

1. asobu

asobu Senior member

The Uniqlo X Kiminori Morishita collabo going on right now is infinitely better than +J

Oh shit, is this for real? I had no idea they were planning a collab. Excellent news! Kiminori Morishita needs more attention, and I'm too much peasant status to afford his gear at retail even in Japan.

2. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Oh shit, is this for real? I had no idea they were planning a collab. Excellent news! Kiminori Morishita needs more attention, and I'm too much peasant status to afford his gear at retail even in Japan.

his uniqlo shit is awesome, I want a lot more of it than the +J stuff

3. Hobbs

Hobbs Senior member

4. Jonah

Jonah Senior member

Just got back from the Oxford St. flag ship store in London. Firstly, I got there at 10.30 am today and 90% of the suits were gone. Those that were left did not have the matching pants, though the colors are similar to the normal Uniqlo line.

What I noticed on fitting were that the slim oxford shirts were almost tent like in my normal size M. I sized down instead and the fit was pretty good. I got the chester? trench in a size S as well which was a surprise because I wear an L in Zara. My thoughts at least for the moment is that you should size down on outerwear/tops.

I bought a pair of skinny jeans and satin stretch trousers which were pretty much true to size. The belts fit a tad big when I tried the M but there weren't any S laying around. Hope you guys have fun when you get a chance to check out the collection in person. Peace

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Interesting article.

To be completely honest, I prefer Jil Sander without ... Jil Sander. Paying that much for basics isn't something I can relate to. However, I think this sort of design is perfect for a brand like Uniqlo, and the prices are really appealing.

I wonder if the down funnel coat would be warm enough for Montreal winter.

edit: stretch satin trousers? *_____*

6. fox81

fox81 Senior member

Just got back from the Oxford St. flag ship store in London. Firstly, I got there at 10.30 am today and 90% of the suits were gone. Those that were left did not have the matching pants, though the colors are similar to the normal Uniqlo line.

What I noticed on fitting were that the slim oxford shirts were almost tent like in my normal size M. I sized down instead and the fit was pretty good. I got the chester? trench in a size S as well which was a surprise because I wear an L in Zara. My thoughts at least for the moment is that you should size down on outerwear/tops.

I bought a pair of skinny jeans and satin stretch trousers which were pretty much true to size. The belts fit a tad big when I tried the M but there weren't any S laying around. Hope you guys have fun when you get a chance to check out the collection in person. Peace

I had an invite so i went at 9am and there still werent that many suits going around. i got this cool faux moncler type jacket but otherwise it wasnt that exciting.

7. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

On the US site, UNIQLO announces a "special online store coming October 8". Could that be the beginning of a full-fledged online shop in the US (where they have one store branch only)?
    http://www.uniqlo.com/us/news/2009/1..._announce.html

Gawd I hope so. I am so starved for basics here in Texas.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Interesting article.

To be completely honest, I prefer Jil Sander without ... Jil Sander. Paying that much for basics isn't something I can relate to. However, I think this sort of design is perfect for a brand like Uniqlo, and the prices are really appealing.

I wonder if the down funnel coat would be warm enough for Montreal winter.

edit: stretch satin trousers? *_____*

Agreed, raf does jil better than jil.

9. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

I would ask someone to proxy but I don't think there will be anything left to proxy as it looks like everyone currently standing in the line is a size small.

10. SteG

SteG Well-Known Member

Just got back from the Oxford St. flag ship store in London. [...] What I noticed on fitting were that the slim oxford shirts were almost tent like in my normal size M. I sized down instead and the fit was pretty good. I got the chester? trench in a size S as well which was a surprise because I wear an L in Zara. My thoughts at least for the moment is that you should size down on outerwear/tops.
    Hi there. Could you measure your size S oxford shirt for us, please? Breadth (armpit to armpit), backside length (collar to hem), sleeve length etc. Are the shirts waisted? What is your regular shirt size? Just to give us an idea of the +J fit. Many thanks in advance.

11. Hummingbird

I have fears about the suits being giant bags from the size issues being reported.

12. Jonah

Jonah Senior member

Hi there. Could you measure your size S oxford shirt for us, please? Breadth (armpit to armpit), backside length (collar to hem), sleeve length etc. Are the shirts waisted? What is your regular shirt size? Just to give us an idea of the +J fit. Many thanks in advance.
    Sorry Steg can't help you there as I don't have a measuring tape with me at the moment. I will try to give you a rough idea instead. My regular shirt size as far as high street brands go is an M in most zara shirts (those fit normally i.e. slightly loose) and an M in slim-fit H&M which I wear fitted. The size S +J oxfords for 'me' fits very much like an M slim-fit H&M. Uncontrol: that is what it is called, Stretch Satin Flat Front. Despite the way it sounds they are basically slightly shiny/glossed slim fit chinos. Oh I was talking to one of the store clerks and they were mentioning something about this being the 'mainline', come 15th October they will be bringing in a 'different line' and stop bringing in the 'mainline'. How far this is true I can't say. If anyone can update me on this issue it will be very much appreciated

13. van_hammersly

van_hammersly Senior member

Looks like the online store is going to be only for the heattech stuff? Kind of disappointing if that's true [​IMG]

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

fucking. mad. house.

5 item limit. restocking through the day/week.

no xl, so don't bother.

15. Hummingbird

But at least its the begining of an online retail presence! Given Uniqlo's lofty sales goals, i'd say this is the start of something far larger.