• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JIL SANDER Indigo Jeans; 31X30 $40 shipped in USA

Babar

Reaction score
Looking good, but unfortunately not my size.

btw, judging by the tag, am I right that they're from F/W 2004?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure which season they're from (I didn't get the original tag with them when I ordered, so I couldn't tell).

I have a pair or two from that F/W 2004 and most of them were made using Japanese denim. These are made in Italy so I'm not entirely sure what season they are from. Nevertheless, from their condition and the inside tags, they're definitely fairly recent (2003 or later).

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure which season they're from (I didn't get the original tag with them when I ordered, so I couldn't tell). I have a pair or two from that F/W 2004 and most of them were made using Japanese denim. These are made in Italy so I'm not entirely sure what season they are from. Nevertheless, from their condition and the inside tags, they're definitely fairly recent (2003 or later).
Hmm I was thinking the number that ends with "42" is the one that tells the season (4 for '04 and 2 for F/W). At least that's the case with the external tags as you mentioned. EDIT: I'm actually wearing a sander sweater now that I know is from FW04 and the same number on the inside tag ends with 42! Could just be a coincidence though.. Well, sorry to derail the thread
smile.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You're exactly right, however the "42" you are seeing is the RN (Corporate Reference Number) for Jil Sander, not the season. All Jil Sander items have the same RN number, which corresponds to the Jil Sander Company.

On the original SALES/Price tag that comes with the items, you'll see a long series of numbers with the seasonal number at the end. Unfortunately, this number does not appear on the inner fabric tag of any items.

Here's an example of what I mean. Here's a photo of a Jil Sander wallet of mine with the price tag. You'll see this number on the tag: 845035 584700 51. That final "51" means spring/summer 2005.

DSC01805.jpg

For these jeans, since there is no actual price tag still with them, I don't know the exact season. But, the RN is NOT the season (I have a pair of pants that I KNOW are from F/W 2003 and they have the same RN number with the "42" at the end).

Babar

Reaction score
OK, thanks for clearing that bit up (On an unrelated note, by glancing through some of the sales tags from the Sander gear I've picked up at Yoox, it seems they've been selling stuff that's been more than a couple of seasons old.. Which, of course, can often be a good thing in terms of Sander).

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No problem; always glad to help a fellow Jil Sander fan.
smile.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They measure 8" wide at the hem.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As it says in the listing, the waist measurement is about 31 inches. I'm usually a 32 and these are just a little tight. So, I'd say that they're right around 31 inches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads