• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jil Sander denim?

braindrain

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair on Gilt with credit. Anyone handled it? I'm sure it's overpriced just because of the label, but I was wondering how the fit/quality is for $100-ish. I got the "tapered leg," so I'm assuming it's slim. Are they really stretchy?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braindrain
I just picked up a pair on Gilt with credit. Anyone handled it? I'm sure it's overpriced just because of the label, but I was wondering how the fit/quality is for $100-ish. I got the "tapered leg," so I'm assuming it's slim. Are they really stretchy?
those overdyed pairs looked seriously cool. thought about coppin overdyed denim trousers but no one's really buying them anyway so im hoping for an extra reduction next time around

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jeans aren't particularly noteworthy. They're just normal designer jeans. The fit is similar to casual, slim trousers that Jil has.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the current season ones have a discreet Fujita face tag on the back pockets, instacop (sup jet, sq4you)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
LOL

I don't cop jil denim, sneakers or face.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Does it come with a big face on it?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
is your alternate handle baba barney?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sorry, have we met?

braindrain

Reaction score
I was just curious. Way too much hate for some bullshit purchase though, guys. Chill and go hang out with your girlfriends; Robert, judging from your picture on this you probably don't, so go drink a forty and watch TV or something.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chill and go hang out with your girlfriends; Robert, judging from your picture on this you probably don't, so go drink a forty and watch TV or something.
I_like_that_ZING.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was just curious. Way too much hate for some bullshit purchase though, guys. Chill and go hang out with your girlfriends; Robert, judging from your picture on this you probably don't, so go drink a forty and watch TV or something.

Oh, man, you really know how to hurt a guy. But you're right about the girlfriends. I wouldn't mind having some but my wife might object.

Wanker.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
is that really robert? hahahahaha

Actually, it's not. But the reactions to the photo have been very interesting, so I think I'll keep it. I don't have a good photo of myself so I appropriated a picture of a friend of mine. The guy in the photo is about 15 years younger, 50 pounds heavier, hairier (facially), and not yet grey. And I don't wear glasses. But the baldness is roughly the same.

baba booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
is your alternate handle baba barney?
booey...baba booey! You obviously do not have a clue...and no it is not his alternate handle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads