• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jewelry

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This poll was inspired by a previous posts in response to an inquiry on a Louis Vuitton ring.  How much jewelry do you wear and how much do you think is appropriate?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it all depends on age. I wear a watch every day (not a fashion watch; something more classic) and sometimes I wear a ring - a simple silver band from my girlfriend for our 2-year anniversary, or a gold/platinum/diamond ring given to me by my dad (it was his graduation ring) on my high school graduation day. Sometimes I wear both (though not often) but never on the same hand.

I think someone who is older and in a more professional environment should stick with a watch and a ring. Younger, trendier guys could pull off a fashion watch (such as a Diesel or Technomarine with wide strap or leather cuff [in the case of the diesel]) or a standard watch, a leather wrist cuff on the opposite hand, and maybe a ring on each hand.

High_Roller

Reaction score
It really depends on what else I'm wearing, but I have a gold chain with an onyx cross that I'll pair with a wood bead necklace, or something similar. I'll always wear a watch. I have two classic styles, a cuff and stainless steel one. I alternate. Then I have wrist cuffs and a few other bracelets that I alternate with as well. No rings, though. I own one, but I don't like the look of it.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
I wear a watch(neither flashy nor expensive) and sometimes, when I'm not working out/playing sports, a gold chain which my mother wore in her youth and passed on to me. The chain stays tucked inside, so unless I'm wearing a top which leaves the base of my neck exposed no one ever sees it. I imagine when/if I ever get married I'll have to add a wedding band to the mix. On rare occasion I'l wear a french-cuffed shirt with which I'll use cufflinks or silk knots.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
haha, no hip-hop recording artists post on this site?
wow.gif
I've got two watches with leather bands (one black; one brown). I wear one of the two everyday, depending on the color of my belt and outfit. I feel naked without a watch. I also have a necklace which is an extremely simple silver chain that holds a penny with a cross stamped into it. I received this during an international project I was involved in about five years ago, and I haven't taken it off since. Finally, I wear a white gold ring with three indentions that run perpendicular to the length of my finger and three miniscule diamonds. My mother gave it to me as a graduation present (I opted for this as opposed to a bulky senior ring that I never would've worn).

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Plain gold wedding band and a two tone silver and gold Tag Heuer watch with metal bracelet (my wife's gift to me for our wedding).

Bradford

Oh - I've also got a beaded anklet that I bought in Hawaii on our honeymoon. That's fun to wear once in a while in the summer.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spingunit4.jpg
I also wear one of these. Â It goes suprisingly well with a Brioni suit, Kiton Shirt, and a pair of Edward Green shoes. It also looks nice when worn in conjunction with this:
rcjewels_1743_2396525.gif
Or even this (for casual fridays):
rcjewels_1743_8077919.gif

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Represent.  haha, I'm digging the third one...

"Don't want to meet your daddy.  Just want you in my Caddy.  OH OH."  - Outkast

There is a Cadillac that I'd like myself in -- the XLR (cue Homer-like drooling).

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Represent.  haha, I'm digging the third one...

"Don't want to meet your daddy.  Just want you in my Caddy.  OH OH."  - Outkast

There is a Cadillac that I'd like myself in -- the XLR (cue Homer-like drooling).
Ever see the Cadillac Cien or Cadillac Sixteen?

They are both concepts, but there is a lot of speculation that they will actually be produced in limited numbers for 2006.

The Cien is a supercar with a 750 HP 7.5 Liter Northstar V12 engine. Looks absolutely sick, plus I'm sure it handles incredibly as well.

The Sixteen is designed to compete with the Maybach, but priced at $100,000 less. Plus, it has 450 HP more than the Maybach. The Sixteen has a 1,000 Horsepower 13.6L V16 that features a new GM technology which shuts down some of the cylinders that aren't needed to conserve fuel.

High_Roller

Reaction score
I was at the auto show in Detroit, but I think I missed those cars. I was too busy drooling over a Mini. Now that is a car.

Those Maybachs are hella ugly from the outside, but the interior is amazing. Fully reclining back seats. Drool.

ETA: I just took a look at both of those cars. Gorgeous. Although I'm partial to the sixteen. I love the long front end and the way the hood opens. The lack of a B pillar also makes it look real sharp.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'd just like to say that i don't consider a watch to be jewelry. it is a tool for telling time without depending on someone else. i wear a swatch watch on days that i work. i typically go watchless on my days off, and i would say that i don't wear jewelry at all. (unless we count silk knots once a year)

also, i don't like it when people mention 'rules' when it comes to fashion. some have said 'it depends on your age' or there's a rule of one wedding ring/plus a watch. wear whatever you want and don't listen to anyone else's rules, make your own.

High_Roller

Reaction score
i don't like it when people mention 'rules' when it comes to fashion. some have said 'it depends on your age' or there's a rule of one wedding ring/plus a watch. wear whatever you want and don't listen to anyone else's rules, make your own.
I'm in total agreement with you there.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I personally wear a lot of jewelry, but I subscribe to a much different standard of style than most people.

On an average day I wear:

A stainless steel watch

4 or more silver rings

a Leather cuff

A black WWJD bracelet that I've had since I was twelve (it's falling apart)

Single flair stainless steel flesh tunnels in my ears

a small, spiked curved barbell in my eyebrow

one of my necklaces, either a ballchain choker, a custom made black beaded number, or a silver Figuro chain.

Like, I said, it probably sounds tacky, but it fits my look and my scene (I'm an art major, soon to open a hotrod/tattoo shop with a studio for my art), and isn't nearly as gaudy as one might think, especially when I tone down my clothing or pull back my hair.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Single flair stainless steel flesh tunnels in my ears
The phrase "flesh tunnels" sounds far too painful; good luck with opening up shop.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Yeah, they were a little painful at first.

The actual hole through my ear is slightly larger than 1/4", but it took three years to get that way, so it wasn't like it happened all at once.

good luck with opening the shop

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads