• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jewelry on men...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
I can't believe, of all the threads I start, this is the one that has the staying power.

biggrin.gif

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Men wearing jewelry is a style versus substance thing.
When I was younger I wore more jewelry but I made it and it felt okay.
If you have a mohawk,lots of piercings,rings,etc. and your a success at something it works,if your panhandling it doesn't.
I think the signet ring,etc is the same type of situation.Style versus substance.
Does this make sense?

I wear an earring , but I've had it for almost 40 years.
Of course, I wear a good belt,but I prefer the minimalist approach.
Only wear a watch when I have to,but a watch like a belt is a functional item and I don't consider functional items to be jewelry.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by caelte
Men wearing jewelry is a style versus substance thing.
When I was younger I wore more jewelry but I made it and it felt okay.
If you have a mohawk,lots of piercings,rings,etc. and your a success at something it works,if your panhandling it doesn't.
I think the signet ring,etc is the same type of situation.Style versus substance.
Does this make sense?

I wear an earring , but I've had it for almost 40 years.
Of course, I wear a good belt,but I prefer the minimalist approach.
Only wear a watch when I have to,but a watch like a belt is a functional item and I don't consider functional items to be jewelry.

If it's okay, I'm going to set this to music and sell it to Coldplay.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by caelte
What's the split? Send me a check...

Hey, I read it too! Does that not mean I am sort of a technical editor now? Let me give you my address
biggrin.gif

Khnelben

Reaction score
I almost always wear cufflinks (and most of the time proper chain links) and also a pinky signet ring with my seal on it. I also sometimes combine this with my wedding band - Prince Michael of Kent style.

Also have a few other rings that I may wear from time to time.

Do it if you like it.

P.S. And Prince Philipp currently does not wear a signet ring - but Princes Andrew and Edward do.

Andrey

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wristwatch, sometimes cufflinks. My father has always worn a simple, flat, gold signet ring with his initials engraved in it. My grandfather, who recently passed away, also wore a similar signet ring, albeit much more ornate and interesting. I plan on having it resized so that I can wear it, as all three of us (my grandfather, my father, and I) have the same initials.

Maybe I'll get a cheap one with a mirror-image of the initials so that I can seal letters with wax and imprint my signet into them. Probably not, though.

EricE.

Reaction score
i like jewelry! A LOT!
even though i think crosses around your neck are not nice...
i wear one or two bracelets (a torque bangle in silver and an old senor bonfim bracelet which is my lucky charm) i also used to wear a black buddhist bracelet, but that time is over.

just look at tim jeffries or stephan winkelmann, those guys wear bracelets with suits and it looks terrific!

i think all the jewelry a man can show should be somewhere next to his hands (stupid description i know-but i dunno better, im german
biggrin.gif
)
bracelets are perfectly fine, a wedding ring, a watch, cufflinks, but thats it!

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hadamulletonce
I stick with a watch and my wedding ring.

Plus cufflinks!

Bracelets, other types of rings, necklaces/chains, earings...gross

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r

Watch.. cufflinks.. class ring...

The only acceptable ring of that size to wear on a daily basis would be a super bowl ring
laugh.gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
looks gaudy, sophomoric, silly.....

I think I want some...

I think a watch and a nice pair of classic sufflinks should do it. Less is more for men, I think...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads