Jewelry on men...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by javyn, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Georges5

Georges5 Senior member

What do u think about this sentence:
    ..The only Jewell for a man is a gold Watch...
    My preference go to Omega vintage 1960..
    This is my last buy :

A CONSTELLATION Pie Pan solid gold 18K with calendar, calibre 561, year 1960, bought in San Francisco USA for 1200 USD. 21 September 2006

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But TOO in shoes I Trust !
    www.souliers.net/new/ the french web site reference about shoes.

2. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

I think a watch and cufflinks is as bejeweled as a man should ever be.

3. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

A nice watch is all I need. Maybe a wedding band at some point.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I like very old gold rings, especially worn on the index finger.

Also, Indians (from India) have a tendency to wear several gold rings on one hand, which I think is a nice look. As well, North American Indians can get away with large sterling pieces.

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I do the cross on a chain sometimes, and I'm not Latin. Well, I'm white, but was raised a Catholic. I don't like the term "Latin" referring only to Hispanics anyway. ALL of us raised in a western culture are really Latin; espcially Americans. What can be more "Latin" than living in a Republic?

Anyway, back to the topic...I'd like a carnelian ring, I think.

Dude, I just want to express how impressed I am by the number of subjects you covered in so little space. That must be one of the most digressive four-line posts ever, especially given that each successive concept bears at least a thread of connection to the prior one. Bravo. [​IMG]
    Aside from my wedding ring (and occasionally cufflinks) I don't wear jewelry - not even a watch. On other men, it's all a question of personal style. Some men wear jewelry that looks classy and elegant on them. Some wear jewelry that looks gaudy, pretentious, and awful on them. And some wear jewelry that looks gaudy and excessive but somehow works.
    It goes on the long list of things that I'm not comfortable with myself (either physically, since I'm not used to it, or in terms of personal style) but admire on other people when it's done well.

6. Stu

Stu Senior member

Dude, I just want to express how impressed I am by the number of subjects you covered in so little space. That must be one of the most digressive four-line posts ever, especially given that each successive concept bears at least a thread of connection to the prior one.

6 degrees of Javyn.

7. Zeriman

Zeriman Active Member

I think that English is basically a mix of Latin and Germanic languages, at least it appears to comprise two sets of vocabulary, one of Latin and one of Germanic origin. It appears to have something to do with Saxons and invading Normands. It also causes a lot of problems for those of us who have to learn the language. I think that the missing link between the way words are written and the way they are pronounced is partly due to this double origin of the vocabulary.
    Actually it was the Normandy French who invaded the Saxons (English). French became the language of the royal court and many french words were incorporated into the common language, English. It still is an relatively small portion of the vocabulary and did not affect the grammar of the language at all, so English is quite clearly a Germanic language and not latin.

On topic: I wear a thick italian gold chain. Hey, if you're going to do it, might as well go all the way.

8. javyn

javyn Senior member

thanks lawyerdad.

9. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

10. Homme

Homme Senior member

Surely some jewellery can be deemed acceptable ?

[​IMG]

11. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Finally got in my Breil bracelet. Does not look flash and it is in colours I wear, brushed steel and dark brown leather. Great!

[​IMG]

12. effortlesstyle

effortlesstyle Member

Every man needs two things...a nice watch, and a good pair of shoes. I personally wear a watch, a wedding band, and what is known as a "scribe's" or "writer's" ring; an understated, sterling silver ring worn on the right index finger. Works for me.

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

What do u think about this sentence:
    ..The only Jewell for a man is a gold Watch...
    My preference go to Omega vintage 1960..
    This is my last buy :

A CONSTELLATION Pie Pan solid gold 18K with calendar, calibre 561, year 1960, bought in San Francisco USA for 1200 USD. 21 September 2006

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But TOO in shoes I Trust !
    www.souliers.net/new/ the french web site reference about shoes.

George, that is nice!
    where did you find that vintage omega at? i would like to peruse through wherever you got that one. not a big fan of Constellations, but yours is very sweet and beautiful.

14. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior member

the only jewlry i wear are my watches,my silver dior and armani dogtags

15. javyn

javyn Senior member

I can't believe, of all the threads I start, this is the one that has the staying power.