• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jewelry on men...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
looks gaudy, sophomoric, silly.....

I think I want some...

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Unless you are Mr T, a wedding band should be it. Although I have to admit that the line of masculine tiaras that Thom Browne just introduced do seem interesting.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want some big gaudy rings and a cigar

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrist watch. Cufflinks. For me, that's it. I don't like jewelry on women, either. One or two good pieces. That's enough.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's pretty cool how some guys wear a lot of jewelry. It's like how back in the day the bravest warrior in an Indian tribe would have the brightest colored feathers just to show off that he had slain the most round eyes.

I don't wear jewelry myself because I find it extremely uncomfortable, but it doesn't bother me that some people do.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where I live a lot of men wear thin necklaces, with a small crucifix or something. I guess it's a Latin thing. I used to abhor it, but I kind of like it now. As long as it is subtle. Then again I see guys here with rings on every finger and 4 or 5 chains, usually with big gaudy pendants like anchors and stuff.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do the cross on a chain sometimes, and I'm not Latin. Well, I'm white, but was raised a Catholic. I don't like the term "Latin" referring only to Hispanics anyway. ALL of us raised in a western culture are really Latin; espcially Americans. What can be more "Latin" than living in a Republic?

Anyway, back to the topic...I'd like a carnelian ring, I think.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Depends on the guy. And on the jewelry. Needs to be self-aware.
Agreed
My father wears his Army ring and a ring he got from his sister when he dresses up.
I plan to start wearing a signet ring

VooDooATL

Reaction score
Ring and watch, as I am sure my wife would be most upset if I didn't. Sometimes a bracelet in gold of siver depending on the watch. Not so much anymore, but I like the look if its subdued and it does not work with cuff links that feels like too much

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wedding ring, watch, engineer's ring. Probably a subtle leather/steel bracelet when I find one that strikes my fancy.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
European nobility used to wear a fair amount of rings, and possibly a bracelet since pocket watches were common in those days.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 135 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 252 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.9%
  • 31 - 40