• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JetBlue and Sun Country unlimited flight passes

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? $499 to $699 gets you unlimited travel for about a month, excluding taxes and fees.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All cities, but 3 day advance booking required.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad they don't fly overseas.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember fcuknu doing it.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd spend a lot of transport to and from the aeroporte, as well as accomodations.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I wonder whether you get lower priority for heavily-booked flights. Still, seems like it could be a great deal if you have some footloose and fancy free time to spend and are open to playing things a bit by ear.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I wonder whether you get lower priority for heavily-booked flights. Still, seems like it could be a great deal if you have some footloose and fancy free time to spend and are open to playing things a bit by ear.
I was reading about this on slickdeals and really wishing I was still unemployed... It is "last seat" availability which means up to 3 days before the flight takes off, if there is a seat open, you can book it. From the stories posted on slickdeals, it sounded awesome. I wish I had known last year--would have been easy to keep up the job search while traveling and I could easily stop off places for interviews. If I had ~2 weeks of vacation time open, I would consider it. If scheduled right, I could do the first two weeks starting on the 4th (pass doesn't start but I already have plans to visit friends in denver over labor day and would just take my first flight from there). This would take only 9 days of vacation (for 16 days of travel). Here I would probably try to cram in bunch of cool places. Then I would still have 2 weekends left in the period...do one in NYC and then pay the international taxes and do the other offshore--probably costa rica. Use a 10th vacation day to extend the last weekend Edit...I currentlty have slightly over 9 days of vacation...that will go up to 10 on friday and I should accrue a bit more over the course of the all you can jet pass...

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jetblue has other sweet deals running now. my wife and i just booked round trip long beach to seattle for $200 each. we love our jetblue.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Must stop myself from actually buying...I just planned it out I finish my denver vacation on the 6th (lets hear it for celebrating my birthday on a plane!), fly from chicago to LA... LA to SF (maybe also seattle but that requires LA->seattle->LA->sf) SF to Austin Austin to Ft Lauderdale (I have a friend who must have a couch in miami but unless I try to go to key west I might only stay a day and use it as a transfer point) Ft Lauderdale to Washington Washington to Boston Boston back to Chicago. That takes care of the first two weeks Then do a weekend in NYC (friday night flight, late sunday or early monday return) Final weekend take another day or two and do costa rica...not sure how the timing would work but ideally a late thursday flight with a late monday return.. This would only cost 11 days of vacation and $699+~80 (international fees). $499 if it could be done without a friday/sunday flight (NYC would either require another day off or missing friday night
frown.gif
) Housing would be free in SF, DC, NYC for sure, maybe boston too. I could probably do family in seattle and LA (but it would be too far out of the city)...would probably try to do hostels/couchsurf some of the others. Starting to look tempting but I have other things I might want to do that month and if I can be reasonably sure they will do this again next year, I could aim for 3-4 weeks straight

swang

Reaction score
This is such a sweet deal for people who actually have that much time to travel.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it really is. and i really love flying jet blue. they fly out of our long beach airport and i don't think i've ever had more than 5 people in line in front of me going through security. seats are comfortable and you can watch mark bittman while you're flying. what more could you ask?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads