1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jesus Camp

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

I saw it last week...holy shit that place scares me. How can a kid be saved at 5-years-old?

Jon.

3. Britalian

Britalian Distinguished Member

thank buddha I don't live there!

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

5. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

I saw it last week...holy shit that place scares me. How can a kid be saved at 5-years-old? Jon.
    don't you know, we are all born into sin. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i'm curious about the movie too, but like others have said, it reminds me a little too much of my childhood...not the parts i like to remember.

6. Stazy

Stazy Distinguished Member

That place is seriously freaky. They are raising fanatical kids who are simply repeating verbatim what they've been told.

Did you see how excited those 10 year olds were to give their lives up for Jesus? How is that any different from a muslim suicide bomber wanting to give up his life?

I think this is sort of connected to how I said in another thread that people need to do their own research before accepting what those in authority tell them about religion. What is especially disturbing in this scenario though is that these kids aren't old enough to analyize what they're being told.

Those are just some thoughts that I had while watching the trailer, the movie could be different from how I percieved it (hopefully)...

7. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Distinguished Member

Seen from Europe, I think this could make for even worse publicity for the US than the Michael Moore films. "Fanatically religious fat Americans..." - ooooohh...