• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jermyn Street Prices: John Lobb and Edward Green

billsayers

Reaction score
Hoping to get some information from the people that bought (or visited) JL or EG from their Jermyn Street stores.

Will be heading over to London for a few days and was wondering what the prices for JL Prestige and EG are there. I know U.S. MSRP's but couldn't find British prices. Anyone know what they are?

I know prices vary by model but an estimate would be nice...still debating if I should make time to visit their stores in Jermyn Street.

Macallan

Reaction score
Edward Green start at £585, they have some boots for about £670 and if you have money to splash they have very nice boots for about £1k (on their window display, left window as you walk in). Cannot comment on JL prices this year; however, last summer the prices were £570 (classic) and £770 (prestige) for the models I looked at. Based on return of the vat at 17.5%, those prices should be about £12-£16 more. Both are worth a visit, Edward Green are more conservative and more my style (although I prefer their 202 last) while John Lobb varies from conservative to very fashion-forward (but I do not fit issues with their shoes). They have very helpful staff, even if you are browsing or enquiring about models. As you are considering JL and EG, have a look at Fosters. Their RTW range varies in terms of price and some in the JL and EG price range - http://www.wsfoster.com/shop/Ready+t...133faee1b680bd I also think you should walk to Cleverley, price for RTW ranges from £350 to £1k (basic range £350-£390, semi-bespoke £595, AC £950-£1K). Anthony Cleverley is the best RTW in Britain (in terms of quality and for me the fit too), just a shame they are limited to six models and one toe style.

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oyaji
You can save time by not going there as their RTW range are made by C&J and EG.

+1

And they've very recently put their prices up by £50 per pair.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can save time by not going there as their RTW range are made by C&J and EG.

If you have taken the trouble to go to Jermyn St from outside London why would you not go to Fosters and C & J and Trickers and Church's and Barker too as well as EG and JL. I would, plus Cleverley and Weston as well as poking my nose into Lobb proper.

stylemaven

Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
If you have taken the trouble to go to Jermyn St from outside London why would you not go to Fosters and C & J and Trickers and Church's and Barker too as well as EG and JL. I would, plus Cleverley and Weston as well as poking my nose into Lobb proper.

+1

Oyaji

Reaction score

eh.gif
I was just making comment about Foster not being RTW shoemaker so you can find there nothing you can find elsewhere.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh.gif
I was just making comment about Foster not being RTW shoemaker so you can find there nothing you can find elsewhere.

Not true- most of their styles tend to be unique to Fosters- just not made by a factory they own. True- there are some that are very much like the C&J's but the leather and color vary, for example.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes- absolutely. You can get to all of them in a morning on foot.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Not true- most of their styles tend to be unique to Fosters- just not made by a factory they own. True- there are some that are very much like the C&J's but the leather and color vary, for example.

+1

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would second the trip to Cleverley. They are a terrific company and their shoes are exquisite.

billsayers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Macallan
Edward Green start at £585, they have some boots for about £670 and if you have money to splash they have very nice boots for about £1k (on their window display, left window as you walk in). Cannot comment on JL prices this year; however, last summer the prices were £570 (classic) and £770 (prestige) for the models I looked at. Based on return of the vat at 17.5%, those prices should be about £12-£16 more. Both are worth a visit, Edward Green are more conservative and more my style (although I prefer their 202 last) while John Lobb varies from conservative to very fashion-forward (but I do not fit issues with their shoes). They have very helpful staff, even if you are browsing or enquiring about models. As you are considering JL and EG, have a look at Fosters. Their RTW range varies in terms of price and some in the JL and EG price range - http://www.wsfoster.com/shop/Ready+t...133faee1b680bd I also think you should walk to Cleverley, price for RTW ranges from £350 to £1k (basic range £350-£390, semi-bespoke £595, AC £950-£1K). Anthony Cleverley is the best RTW in Britain (in terms of quality and for me the fit too), just a shame they are limited to six models and one toe style.
Thanks for the information...it is extremely helpful. It looks like I will only save ~$75 for EG and ~$200 for JL Prestige by buying them in London. Potential savings are not enough for me to warrant taking the time to visit (business trip so my schedule is already packed). BTW, the Anthony Cleverley Derby looks amazing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads