• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeremy Piven's Suits in Entourage

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I'm glad I haven't been smoking the same stuff most of you guys have. I've always thought that Ari looked like **** in nearly every outfit he wore (with the exception of one pinstripe suit that looked to be of the Paul Smith variety). His tie and shirt combinations were especially dreadful and his suits never fit and always slid over his neck with reckless abandon, nearly everything about them except the sleeve length were just wrong.

You'll eventually get a contact high and join the others
smile.gif

I can't comment as I am 1 of the 5 people who don't watch the show.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You'll eventually get a contact high and join the others
smile.gif

I can't comment as I am 1 of the 5 people who don't watch the show.

Me too. Where are the other three?

So why, you might fairly ask, am I taking up oxygen in this thread?

I'm hoping for that contact high...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I haven't been smoking the same stuff most of you guys have. I've always thought that Ari looked like **** in nearly every outfit he wore (with the exception of one pinstripe suit that looked to be of the Paul Smith variety). His tie and shirt combinations were especially dreadful and his suits never fit and always slid over his neck with reckless abandon, nearly everything about them except the sleeve length were just wrong.

Alright, so you won't have any and you keep smoking the other stuff you've been smoking then...
smile.gif

Honestly, I disagree with the fit comment but tend to agree on the shirt/tie choices. I think this is part of the character though... In any case, I believe Ari is better dressed than 90% of characters on TV shows and maybe in movies as well. It probably has to do with the fitted look of his suits and other clothes - pretty unusual on American TV

For ed, grimslade and the other 3 guys who don't watch the show, you be the judge. Here are a bunch of pics I found on the HBO website (I didn't select at all, just took all of them):
ep33_05.jpg

ep31_07.jpg

ep31_03.jpg

ep31_01.jpg

ep30_06.jpg

ep30_05.jpg

ep29_08.jpg

ep29_05.jpg

ep29_01.jpg

ep27_05.jpg

ep27_03.jpg

ep27_01.jpg

ep26_08.jpg

ep26_02.jpg

ep25_02.jpg

ep25_01.jpg

ep23_06.jpg

ep22_ari_car.jpg

ep21_ari_phones.jpg

ep18_ari_wife_2_others.jpg

ep18_ari_guests_wife.jpg

ep10_guys_basketball_ct.jpg

ep06_ari_vince.jpg

ep06_ari_eric_vince.jpg

ep03_ari_golf.jpg

ep02_ari2.jpg

ep01_partytalk.jpg

e19_shauna_ari_office.jpg

gmac

Reaction score
Some of Ari's choices are unconventional - and his pants look uncomfortably tight in some of those shots - but he's an agent in Hollywood, we shouldn't expect him to dress like a Wall Street banker.

mrchapel

Reaction score
I personally like a lot of Ari's suits. Now, I also agree that some of his tie and shirt combinations are a bit too loud for my tastes; but they are unique to his character and do have a lot of flare. Only certain people can pull off those combinations, and the character of Ari Gold has enough pinnache to compliment it.

Although from time to time, it's obvious that the suits are different and have a different fit. For example, looking at the pictures gdl203 generously posted, the first one is fitted well whilst the third from the bottom isn't so flattering.

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
Yep, a good, regular exercise regime will do more for you than a 10K suit (not that the latter can't help.)
I agree, but that's not the "fit" I was talking about.

BTW, did anyone notice the crazy amount of break (?) he has on his suit pants? In those rare shots that show his feet, one can see two big bulges of pants above his shoes.

Also, the Harvard/Michigan law thing: the super-agent on whom the Ari character is based said the characterization is right on the mark -- except his education credential. The real "Ari" went to a no-name college and was a below-average student, apparently.

Also, Piven is a huge Yoga enthusiast in real life and obviously keeps fit.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agree. If Vacca (made by attolini?) were making all of those suits, they would fit a lot better, no? Unless he's in-between sizes... Look at what happens to the shoulder in the third photo, that would never happen with my borrelli even if it was buttoned, which Ari's isn't, and I'm assuming attolini would fit in a similar manner. Or take a look at the photo where he's got both hands up in the air like someone is pointing a gun at him, the shoulders of his jacket are a mess. Again, that just doesn't happen with any of my borrelli, and I can't imagine it would happen with attolini. Or maybe he just needs bespoke.... I'm curious what others think.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Out of all the pics the tux and the high gorge dark pinstripe suit (with the purple pinstripe shirt) are the best looking imho.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of all the pics the tux and the high gorge dark pinstripe suit (with the purple pinstripe shirt) are the best looking imho.

I agree. These look pretty good

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorially Challenged
BTW, did anyone notice the crazy amount of break (?) he has on his suit pants? In those rare shots that show his feet, one can see two big bulges of pants above his shoes.

Yep. I've always noticed that. His trousers are always too long. To my eye, his jackets seem to fit well in the shoulders, but his sleeves are usually too long.

mrchapel

Reaction score

I like that one, but I also like the colors in the 8th and 9th pictures; the purple tie and gray-pinstriped suit looks really good IMO.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrchapel
I like that one, but I also like the colors in the 8th and 9th pictures; the purple tie and gray-pinstriped suit looks really good IMO.

Yep. The suit he wore for his daughter bat-mitzvah is ridiculous though... it has the most gigantic lapels! I wonder who made that one...
ep18_ari_wife_2_others.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads