Jeremy Piven on Entourage

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BlvdDandy, Jun 29, 2006.

1. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Senior member

Fast track to "gaudy DB" is dressing like anyone from that program. I'd figure out what they wear and avoid it at all costs.

2. siglo vi

siglo vi Senior member

E seems to wear band of outsiders.. but his buttons are not falling off so i might be wrong

3. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

I think they do a good job of dressing the actors to fit their characters. My only beef with Ari's suits is I wish they would shorten his pants a bit. Otherwise they seem right on with his personality. I think E's ill fitting clothes are intentional. I bet as he becomes more successful and autonomous in the show his clothes will improve as well.

4. David Reeves

David Reeves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

In the article "Wear's Hollywood," which can be found in the Fall issue of the Australian magazine Men's Style, Piven's character is said to wear mostly Ted Baker and Gucci suits.

Ted Baker!?! Tedfookinbaker?! Anyone who wears a Ted Baker suit should commit suicide instantly right now by putting there thumbs in there eyes and through there brains.

5. fredfred

fredfred Senior member

Piven's an ass.

He walked out on his Broadway contract here in NYC. He will NEVER be forgiven or forget for that in this town.

Out in LA, your soul doesn't matter. But he is despised in NYC by the acting & producing community - and he knows it.

NO honor.

6. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

Piven's an ass.

He walked out on his Broadway contract here in NYC. He will NEVER be forgiven or forget for that in this town.

Out in LA, your soul doesn't matter. But he is despised in NYC by the acting & producing community - and he knows it.

NO honor.

I liked him on Seinfeld.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

Piven's an ass.

NO honor.

wasn't that b/c of he had mercury posioning?

8. mystillwater

mystillwater Senior member

Piven's an ass.

NO honor.

who cares.

9. furo

furo Senior member

Piven's an ass.

NO honor.

I don't think anyone in Hollywood can escape the label of being an "ass." Comes with the territory

Besides, a move like that will only bolster his Ari Gold image.

10. fredfred

fredfred Senior member

wasn't that b/c of he had mercury posioning?

Yeah, it was so bad that he was out partying all over town every night.

Then instead of taking a week or two off and then finishing his contract, he simply bailed and went back to L.A.

As for the "who cares" comment... well, maybe someday you'll understand.

11. w.mj

w.mj Senior member

People say this sort of thing in LA all the time too. The same sort of people who think "Old Hollywood" ever existed or believe in the "mystique" of the town.

The only thing that matters in entertainment, as in every other business, is success. If Piven can make a show a success, no producer will care if he walked out before or for what reason.

12. fredfred

fredfred Senior member

People say this sort of thing in LA all the time too. [snip] If Piven can make a show a success, no producer will care if he walked out before or for what reason.

That's in LA. I promise you he lost some opportunities here in NYC by walking out on his contract.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

he's not all bad though. don't forget he magnanimously stepped aside to allow Dana Gordon to become studio president [​IMG]

14. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

That's in LA. I promise you he lost some opportunities here in NYC by walking out on his contract.

Financially lucrative opportunities?

It's easy to forget that he was a bit-part actor for many years before his success with Entourage.

I find it hard to begrudge him for trying to make the most of his fairly new-found success.

15. fredfred

fredfred Senior member

I find it hard to begrudge him for trying to make the most of his fairly new-found success.
    Neither do I. But then why did he accept the short run Broadway contract? He welshed on it. He bailed. He failed to fulfill the contract. This isn't a case of bailing on some tiny show 'cause you just got a major part somewhere. That's understandable and is an accepted part of the business. In fact, he was likely cashing in on his success when he accepted the part. Broadway producers pay extra $ for a marquee name. This was committing to a show and then bailing on it 'cause you are bored - or it was too difficult for him - or something. Totally lame. Totally without honor.