• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeremy Piven on Entourage

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
Fast track to "gaudy DB" is dressing like anyone from that program. I'd figure out what they wear and avoid it at all costs.

siglo vi

Reaction score
E seems to wear band of outsiders.. but his buttons are not falling off so i might be wrong

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they do a good job of dressing the actors to fit their characters. My only beef with Ari's suits is I wish they would shorten his pants a bit. Otherwise they seem right on with his personality. I think E's ill fitting clothes are intentional. I bet as he becomes more successful and autonomous in the show his clothes will improve as well.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
In the article "Wear's Hollywood," which can be found in the Fall issue of the Australian magazine Men's Style, Piven's character is said to wear mostly Ted Baker and Gucci suits.

Ted Baker!?! Tedfookinbaker?! Anyone who wears a Ted Baker suit should commit suicide instantly right now by putting there thumbs in there eyes and through there brains.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Piven's an ass.

He walked out on his Broadway contract here in NYC. He will NEVER be forgiven or forget for that in this town.

Out in LA, your soul doesn't matter. But he is despised in NYC by the acting & producing community - and he knows it.

NO honor.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
Piven's an ass.

He walked out on his Broadway contract here in NYC. He will NEVER be forgiven or forget for that in this town.

Out in LA, your soul doesn't matter. But he is despised in NYC by the acting & producing community - and he knows it.

NO honor.

I liked him on Seinfeld.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Piven's an ass.

NO honor.

wasn't that b/c of he had mercury posioning?

mystillwater

Reaction score
Piven's an ass.

NO honor.

who cares.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Piven's an ass.

NO honor.

I don't think anyone in Hollywood can escape the label of being an "ass." Comes with the territory

Besides, a move like that will only bolster his Ari Gold image.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
wasn't that b/c of he had mercury posioning?

Yeah, it was so bad that he was out partying all over town every night.

Then instead of taking a week or two off and then finishing his contract, he simply bailed and went back to L.A.

As for the "who cares" comment... well, maybe someday you'll understand.

w.mj

Reaction score

People say this sort of thing in LA all the time too. The same sort of people who think "Old Hollywood" ever existed or believe in the "mystique" of the town.

The only thing that matters in entertainment, as in every other business, is success. If Piven can make a show a success, no producer will care if he walked out before or for what reason.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.mj
People say this sort of thing in LA all the time too. [snip] If Piven can make a show a success, no producer will care if he walked out before or for what reason.

That's in LA. I promise you he lost some opportunities here in NYC by walking out on his contract.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he's not all bad though. don't forget he magnanimously stepped aside to allow Dana Gordon to become studio president
biggrin.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's in LA. I promise you he lost some opportunities here in NYC by walking out on his contract.

Financially lucrative opportunities?

It's easy to forget that he was a bit-part actor for many years before his success with Entourage.

I find it hard to begrudge him for trying to make the most of his fairly new-found success.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
I find it hard to begrudge him for trying to make the most of his fairly new-found success.
Neither do I. But then why did he accept the short run Broadway contract? He welshed on it. He bailed. He failed to fulfill the contract. This isn't a case of bailing on some tiny show 'cause you just got a major part somewhere. That's understandable and is an accepted part of the business. In fact, he was likely cashing in on his success when he accepted the part. Broadway producers pay extra $ for a marquee name. This was committing to a show and then bailing on it 'cause you are bored - or it was too difficult for him - or something. Totally lame. Totally without honor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads