• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeffrey George Shirt Review

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time for a much needed review for an up-and-coming shirt and tie company that prides itself in manufacturing their clothing line in the good ole' USA. For those who aren't familiar with this company, you need to give them a serious look.

Jeffrey George recently launched their website and offers classic ivy league shirts and great plaid oxfords. The plaid styles are innovative and different from what you'll find at Brooks Brothers and J Crew. Their neckwear selection is also growing. Right now with their sale, you'll be able to find some great deals on shirts and tie.

I recently received a traditional blue oxford shirt which retails at $138. Without even trying on the shirt, I was impressed to learn all Jeffrey George's shirts are handmade in the United States. Jeffrey George claims that, the factory that has been in business for over a century. The workmanship in their (our) shirts can be seen throughout, from the single needle stitching, to the collars with the perfect, relaxed roll. Many of the shirtmakers have been making shirts by hand for close to 50 years.

The packaging was very nice. The shirt was presented in a clean and simple way.

The great thing about this shirt is the material. The Japanese cotton is unbelievable. This shirt now rivals some of the best sports shirts in my closet from boutique stores likes Sid Mashburn. In fact, a traditionalist like myself prefers the Jeffery George shirt to others like Sid's. The material is soft and comfortable. The stitching is as good as advertised. If you're looking for a casual shirt this is better than Thomas Masons from J Crew and Brooks Brothers sports shirts.

The best part of the shirt is the sizing The fit is unbelievable for this shirt. Slim, but not skinny. The fit is so darn good, that it appears tailored. From what I've seen this fit is better than Kamakura shirts, which is another company that sources Japanese cotton. Kamakura tends to be wider on the hips and sides, where Jeffrey George is slimmer. This shirt will look great with chinos or jeans.

The buttons are also very nice. Also they are not mother of pearls like on my other shirts, do you really need flashy buttons on a casual shirt? I don't think you do.

Another cool distinguishable feature that differentiates this shirt from others is the back collar button (third collar button). The back collar button is a homage to an old-school Ivy style shirt. The back button was designed to hold skinny ties in place. The button became outdated when ties became wider.

Nonetheless, this shirt is the real deal. I'm always happy to support start ups and this is one of the best I've seen on Styleforum. I've purchase from brands like Gustin and believe this is one of the better options.

Visit their store at
http://www.jeffreygeorgeco.com/

You can reach Jeffrey George at
[email protected]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads