• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jefferyd reviews Indochino

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fit pics are up. I'll get into more detail about my impressions of it on Monday.

The coat and pants aren't too bad, of course what you make for yourself is much better. The vest looks odd but I don't know why.

BTW did you choose a plaid because the grids make it easier to see how they designed their pattern? ;)

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, J. I'm impressed by the suit. I don't have your eye for technical details, but I'd prefer a longer skirt, wider lapels, lower buttoning pt., and fuller thighs. Other than that, it looks pretty good imo.

What was the one thing you directed them toward?

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty damn good for the money. I also think the waistcoat looks a little off - perhaps rather full compared to the coat. But generally, it looks good. I look forward to your analysis.

dufferin1

Reaction score
Wow..was not expecting that. Agreed on the vest, just looks a little flat to me without contouring to the body.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Regrettably He goes on at great length about the sales process at a road show BUT there is nothing about the quality of the construction or the fit of the finished garment.
It does not help at all with online ordering and this current post is relevant.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/314044/my-first-indochino-suit-should-i-ask-for-remake

It wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense to discuss the quality or the fit of the finished garment before I actually received the finished garment, don't you think? (this isn't Ask Andy, after all)

Last edited:

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only reason the vest looks odd, IMO, is that it is only lightly belted. But that is adjustable, obviously.

Slight potential issue with the hang or length of the trousers. Would like to see trouser pix again when you are wearing shoes.

Coat fit is rather good.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense to discuss the quality or the fit of the finished garment before I actually received the finished garment, don't you think?

Never let facts get in the way of a sensationalist post.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
JefferyD, given your experience reviewing hundreds of "fit pics" on here - many of which were of customers in Indochino suits - I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on why yours seemed to have turned out much better than everyone elses'. I haven't seen that many Indochino suits, personally, but from the few times I've flipped through the Indochino thread, most people's suits seem to fit much less well (leaving aside styling issues).

Look forward to your review on Monday.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JefferyD, given your experience reviewing hundreds of "fit pics" on here - many of which were of customers in Indochino suits - I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on why yours seemed to have turned out much better than everyone elses'. I haven't seen that many Indochino suits, personally, but from the few times I've flipped through the Indochino thread, most people's suits seem to fit much less well (leaving aside styling issues).
Look forward to your review on Monday.

He was measured by professionals at a promotional event.

More of the mishaps occur at home.

Last edited:

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
nice.
i like the plaid.
you certainly made their cutter/cad operator work hard.
now to pick it a part.

they missed your right low.
the chest under the armpit is too tight on both the shirt and the jacket

i know some of my complaints are slightly stylistic.
the jacket is too short for my taste.
the shoulders look fine and sleeves seem to hang well.
a little tight in the hips forcing the vents out

the vest seems big.

Not sure if you are standing naturally.
you seem to hyper extend your knees.
so the pants are catching your calves.
that is something even most tailors might miss.
i think if they made the knee wider, the pants may have hung a little better.
and a little more in the hip and the thigh.

I curious to see what would have shown up if you had submitted your own measurements.

Last edited:

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll try to respond to all the question and comments Monday- hard to do from an iPad...

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never let facts get in the way of a sensationalist post.

Yeah, made me wonder if GBR actually read anything properly before posting, especially the bit where Jeffery says the critique is coming soon...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads