1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jeff Rose polo shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by montmorency, May 13, 2005.

1. montmorency

montmorency Senior member

I was browsing the Sierra Trading Post website looking for polo shirts and saw some beautiful ones by Jeff Rose, made in Italy. I have never heard of this brand. They are $40, with a listed price of $155. Does anyone know anything about this brand? I am thinking of buying a couple of these shirts.

2. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

There was a recent thread about Jeff Rose (try a search). General opinion was quite positive. It's a higher end sportswear brand similar to Bobby Jones often marketed in country/golf clubs. Apparently Rose was a designer for B.J. at one time.

I picked up a couple of pairs of J. Rose cotton trousers from STP, and they seem quite nice. I looked seriously at the polos, too, but really needed trousers more at the time. I think they'd be a good deal, especially if you get a discount code.

3. redtree00

redtree00 Senior member

There was a thread about them not too long ago that I contributed to but for some reason I can't find it.
    They are excellent shirts, very lightweight and silky.

4. montmorency

montmorency Senior member

Thanks, this forum is great. That's how I found out about STP and it's really helpful to get opinions from others before buying something over the internet. I don't have a discount code for STP. How do people get them?

5. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

They are beautiful.  But get the ones that STP says retail for $75.  They are actually $155 shirts as well, but I think the patterns are a lot, lot more flattering than the "fancy weave" ones that STP says retail for $155.  

Some of the shirts on STP are unfortunately in "assorted lots," so on a few of the colors you'll just get a random shirt (STP will give you take care of you if you get a screwed up order).  I ordered the light lavender stripe and love it.

EDIT: Just saw the new batch of Jeff Rose "two-tones." Those are gorgeous as well.

6. YMark

YMark Well-Known Member

I just received 2 Jeff Rose polos from STP last week. I also have a couple of Bobby Jones shirts. The Jeff Rose shirts are a lot nicer than Bobby Jones' shirts. They're the nicest polos I own with the exception of an Avon Celli I have.

Order them with confidence. They do run large though. I wear a small in Bobby Jones and have mediums in Jeff Rose. I could actually wear a small though.

7. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I agree, YMark. The Jeff Rose shirts are just a shade nicer than the Bobby Jones, and I think the fit is a bit better too -- they don't run as baggy. I wear a 39 or 40R suit these days, and I find that the Medium Jeff Rose shirts fit me fine -- not too tight, but not too baggy. Order down if you want a slim fit, but if you want them to play golf in, they run true (and I dislike playing golf in baggy shirts).