1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jeeves x Vass MTO and GMTO Central Thread

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by Notch, Sep 20, 2016.

1. pine tree

pine tree Well-Known Member

I am interested in the valway boots

2. Notch

Notch Senior member Affiliate Vendor

There has been some more interest and 1 definite commitment for the Valway boot from outside Styleforum.

The GMTO will run for less than one more week, then I will assemble orders and see what leather to purchase from the merchant.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  3. sirswag

sirswag Member

I am interested in the Valways. How does purchasing work, would it be 100% upfront?

4. sirswag

sirswag Member

I am interested in the Valways. How does purchasing work, would it be 100% upfront?

5. Notch

@sirswag

Payment can be made 50/50: half when placing the order, other half when the order is ready to be shipped.

6. Notch

Only 3 more days until this Vass Valway GMTO closes:

Vass Valway model
    Anilveau 9231 Calf and Inca Grain 6120
    Price: 700 USD including shipping to EU and US (worldwide shipping is extra)
    All other details can be customized:

[​IMG]

Interest count: 4 members

7. Notch

Happy to share our new GMTO with Vass!

For this one we sourced a true burnishable leather in a nice burgundy shade, called 'Vegano Calf' from the French tannery Annonay. It lends itself perfectly to proper burnishing, and will result in a much more natural looking burnished finish.

For this GMTO, we chose the Austerity River model on U last, for its elegant lines and to leave plenty of room for a great toe burnish. Combined with the excellent craftsmanship at Vass, you will receive a pair of handwelted shoes in an exclusive color.

Available at 650 USD excl. VAT, including shoe trees. Worldwide shipping at cost. Payment can be done 50/50. The shoes also come with a tin of Saphir wax and a polishing cloth. Closing date is to be determined, but will be in a couple of weeks probably.

Send us a PM or contact us directly at contact@jeeves.store

[​IMG]

8. Notch

We received a few questions regarding this GMTO, and to answer all questions here:

Yes, if you wish to have a specific extra such as rubber toe taps, or a Goyser stitching, this is possible. For each option there is a small increase in price.

9. Notch

2 people comitted to this GMTO, we are looking for a few more!

10. Notch

Still looking for 3 participants for our group order! Any model is possible, made from Burgundy vegano burnishable calf (picture as reference for the leather and color).

650 USD excl. VAT for the Vass Austerity River, or 700 USD excl. VAT for your own choice of model!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Notch

An outdoor comparison shot between Vass Oxblood, Vas Burgundy and the Vegano Burgundy burnishable calf (taking single MTO's on this leather):

[​IMG]

12. Notch

We are running a Vass GMTO in the exclusive to Jeeves burgundy Inca Grain leather. Price is 700 USD excl. VAT, and you can choose any model.

Just send me a PM in case you're interested, we are looking for a total of 6 people.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  13. deathscythe

deathscythe Active Member

Curious, what's up the burgundy leathers? Second time..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  14. Notch

No reason in particular, it's a beautiful shade that's all.

15. Notch

For a long time we have been thinking to do a Vass GMTO in a medium to dark brown calf leather.

We feel that there is a gap between the Antique Cognac and Dark Brown calf leathers offered by Vass (see the Ultimate Vass Thread also). There are some options for a good medium brown calf, either from Zonta tannery (used by John Lobb and the likes), or through Du Puy (one of the most famous French tanneries, as you all will know). The quality of skin is important, so our final decision will be based on that, but the color should definitely be inbetween Antique Cognac and Dark Brown.

As an interest check, I would like to ask how many of you might be interested! It's only worthwile for us to order our own leather / set up a group MTO, if we can find at least 6 people.

The details would be:

• Our own medium/dark brown calf leather, where quality of skin is most important
    • Each participant will be able to choose his or her own model. We ask all participans not to go too crazy on the details, but of course welcome individualism
    • The GMTO would run for about 3-4 weeks, or until all 6 participants are found. Production time is approximately 8 weeks, but can take 10 as well.
    • Price starts at 550 EUR excl. VAT + the cost of the leather (an estimate would be a total of 600 EUR excl. VAT per pair of MTO Vass shoes, that is approximately 630 USD, but payment in EUR is preferred)
    • Shoe trees, bags and box are included, as is shipping to the EU and US. Shipping elsewhere will be extra

I look forward to your reactions / responses gentlemen!

16. deathscythe

Hiya! Do the models include boots? [​IMG]

17. Notch

Yes, boots are an option as well. There is a price increase for that however, as with any regular MTO / RTW pair of boots. This is approximately 80 USD (75 EUR).

18. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

I'm interested in which shade of brown would be offered. Oak or Vintage Oak seems to be well sought.

19. deathscythe

20. Notch

@patliean1: I remember when I started as a proxy for Vass, I browsed through their old stock (this was about 5-6 years ago) and bought a most beautiful pair of Budapest Oxfords on the U last, in a warm shade of chocolate brown. At the time, it was what they called dark brown. It would be nice if we can find something close to that, I believe it came close to Edward Green Oak.

Oak calf by Edward Green:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.