1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official Affiliate Thread.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Notch, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Notch

Notch Senior member Affiliate Vendor

@CLTesquire Will take some comparison pictures tomorrow! I'd say it's a different shade entirely.

2. Notch

We were unable to take a picture of the Vegano Burgundy calf outdoor because of the rain that wouldn't stop. We'll try again tomorrow. In the meantime, I did source a picture of the Vegano Burgundy calf used on a pair of Carmina shoes (Carmina Burgundy Calf Adelaide, picture used with Leaves' permission). The shoes in the picture are not too burnished, and you can find a few more exampels on Google that are burnished heavier, but I beleive the color tone in this picture is closest to what we bought from the merchant.

For those interested in knowing, the leather is tanned by Annonay. Their site reads 'Semi-bright aniline finish, not dyed-through, with full round handle. Natural fine and regular natural grain with slightly waxy touch. An article for fine footwear.', it is a 12/14mm thickness (medium thickness) and is 'Polishable or burnishable'.

Daylight picture (hopefully) tomorrow!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  3. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

Ok that clears things up. Don't stress on taking pictures on my account because I do have a pair of Carmina made from this leather so I can compare them with Vass Bordeaux (which I also have) directly.

4. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

In fact, if anyone wants to see a comparison:

Vegano Burgundy (Carmina):

[​IMG]

Vass Bordeaux:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Notch

For extra information, I should say that the Vegano Burgundy, at least in its untreated state, is lighter and slightly more reddish than the Carmina's posted by CLTesquire. Just thought I should mention.

I'll post a comparison pic tomorrow!

6. Notch

We are now with 2 comitted to this GMTO, and a few more people have showed interest! We are looking for exactly 6 orders, not more unfortunately due to the size of the leather.

Also, still raining.

7. Notch

Taking pre-orders on a model arriving in December: Vass Old English II in gold musuem on the F last. Single leather sole with rubber toe tips. Will be on the website for approximately 600 USD excl. VAT, sizing ranging from 40.5 to 44.5 (smaller and larger sizes are possible on request).

Taking Pre-order because we received(d) a lot of interest for this exact same model as a MTO, that we decided to offer it as a RTW.

More models in the make as well, all in good time :)

PM me if interested!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  8. Notch

3 confirmed for the GMTO! Exactly 6 needed.

[​IMG]

9. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

@Jeeves, can you post a photo or two of the Old English II?

10. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Here is Vegano Burdeos (Vegano Burgundy in Carmina terms) brand new, with only clear wax on the toe. Indirect morning light. Its an excellent colour.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  11. Notch

@bsarosi I attached a picture of the Old English II. So that, made in Vass' gold museum calf, single sole with rubber toe tips.

[​IMG]

12. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

13. Notch

[COLOR=000000]Our mid-season sale is now on! All handmade ties, belts and Bresciani socks are no available at a 10% discount. Free shipping from 180 EUR. Sale does not apply to the gloves or Vass shoes.

Link: http://jeeves.store

Tomorrow we will be in Budapest, if anyone has a special request for pictures and/or a specific pair of shoes, don't hesitate to contact us at contact@jeeves.store[/COLOR]

1 person likes this.
  14. Notch

4 more days until our mid-season sale ends, with discounts from -10% (on all Jeeves ties, belts and shoe care) and -20% on all bresciani socks!

Link: http://jeeves.store

15. Notch

Whiskey Cordovan and Tan scotchgrain calf MTO high boot for a forum member:

MTO prices for Vass calf leather shoes starting at 640 USD excl. VAT, including shoe trees and worldwide shipping!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    2 people like this.
  16. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Those boots should come with a "may cause slack-jawed drooling" warning.

1 person likes this.
  17. John Grady Cole

John Grady Cole Senior member

Any update on the 3-piece shoe trees? Would love to pick up some to replace my standard ones.

18. Notch

An order for the 3 piece shoe trees has been placed, and I expect them to arrive later this week, or next week.

We will have a small range of F and U last 3 piece shoe trees, sizes 40 to 45, but will take single orders once the stock runs out.

19. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

[​IMG] WELL DONE

1 person likes this.