1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jeans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by naturlaut, Jul 1, 2005.

1. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior member

I don't wear jeans and I have absolutely no knowledge about them. I see Loro Piana selling jeans of different colours every season, and even Brioni sells jeans now, but that doesn't really mean anything. What would be the Kiton or Brioni of jeans?

2. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

45 rpm maybe, although Burgus Plus and Samurai have some awesome offerings... priced like MTM Kiton pants

3. Texel

Texel Active Member

You can't compare Brioni with jeans labels. Jeans are mainly fashion clothes which you often change after 2-4 seasons, but i think that Helmut Lang makes the best jeans.

4. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior member

Thanks, T4 and Tex. My question is, what makes it a good pair of jeans?

5. Texel

Texel Active Member

I would say a good pair of jeans has a very nice cut, high-end materials and a nice design. You should always look where the jeans has been produced. I made the best experiences with jeans that were made in Italy, but it is hard to tell you what is the best for you. A Jeans should fit the rest of your individual clothing style.

6. raley

raley Senior member

Resident jean experts mostly reside in the style forum, but should hopefully chime in soon to answer your question definitively. Features of good jeans include good, flattering cuts and washes, but mainly denim quality - there are different ways that it is spun that I am not too sure on the details of but the experts can definitely help in this category. Construction is also important - stitching quality and such.