• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans with side adjusters

paxonus

Reaction score
Those are loose and light colored, though. Does removing the belt loops and adding side adjusters automatically make them look like garbage?
If you don't want them loose, why do you want side adjusters? Jeans without belt loops are going to look weird. And Dad jeans are not light colored. I have a pair of Brooks Brothers dark denim jeans I bought just for kicks on Ebay. They are definitely Dad jeans.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't want them loose, why do you want side adjusters? Jeans without belt loops are going to look weird. And Dad jeans are not light colored. I have a pair of Brooks Brothers dark denim jeans I bought just for kicks on Ebay. They are definitely Dad jeans.

I like some belt/adjuster on all pants because it helps keep the jeans on for my shape. I was just curious about having no belt at all for a different style and comfort, but the ability to put them on and tighten them. Jeans get tight when you wasn't them and looser later, so it is useful to be able to adjust the waste when they are worn longer.

Houta

Reaction score
I'd advise against it to be honest! I googled some pictures and they look even worse than Dad jeans. If its the functionality you are after, then maybe you can try something like an internal adjustable waist band?

Edward Hyde

Reaction score
I am a dad and I resent the continual suggestion that we do not have style. SIDE ADJUSTERS??? did you seriously ask that question or are you trolling this forum? :) Why don't you go for comfort waist with elastic at the back? (laughing) Also jeans are never a fashion item - they are for cleaning your motorbike in (or with) or doing other manual work. :D

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Those are loose and light colored, though. Does removing the belt loops and adding side adjusters automatically make them look like garbage?

The waist adjusters work better on thin, soft and lightweight fabrics than denim. They are also a feature from more refined style and don't really work with rugged jeans.

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Best way is probably to just get the right size and then use a solid belt.

Benevento

Reaction score
Denim as we all know is a rather thick and casual fabric, but..If you're looking for a mix of a casual fabric such as denim and classic silhouette with comfort that side adjusters brings, I suggest go for a lightweight denim fabric, this one can be made with side adjusters, even more, can be made with pleats and cuffs, I have such trousers and it looks very interesting. But obviously it's an option for, I would say open minded classic style afficionado ;)
I was on a sunday dinner in my denim trousers with side adjusters and pleats, what you think?

IMG_0935.JPG

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Denim as we all know is a rather thick and casual fabric, but..If you're looking for a mix of a casual fabric such as denim and classic silhouette with comfort that side adjusters brings, I suggest go for a lightweight denim fabric, this one can be made with side adjusters, even more, can be made with pleats and cuffs, I have such trousers and it looks very interesting. But obviously it's an option for, I would say open minded classic style afficionado ;)
I was on a sunday dinner in my denim trousers with side adjusters and pleats, what you think?

View attachment 1143136
Interesting. I cannot see the adjusters, of course, but right demin would drape very differently than heavy selvedge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads