• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jeans to wear with dress shoes/loafers?

darkbat

Reaction score
So I've recently encountered a problem.

My jeans look great with sneakers and boots, but when it comes to dressy shoes for the evening out I have one of three problems:

1) My bootcut jeans' openings are too large and cover up way too much of the shoes
2) My tapered jeans are too narrow and gives a clown-feet-like appearance
3) The straights are usually too big too, probably because of the specific cuts that I have though.

Are there any jeans that you guys have found to be perfect for dress shoes? Pics would be much appreciated too.

whatever123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkbat
So I've recently encountered a problem. My jeans look great with sneakers and boots, but when it comes to dressy shoes for the evening out I have one of three problems: 1) My bootcut jeans' openings are too large and cover up way too much of the shoes 2) My tapered jeans are too narrow and gives a clown-feet-like appearance 3) The straights are usually too big too, probably because of the specific cuts that I have though. Are there any jeans that you guys have found to be perfect for dress shoes? Pics would be much appreciated too.
there is a small question thread to handle items such as this. having said that, if bootcup is to big, tapered is to small, and straight is to big = your to demanding or you have a strange body shape. maybe try a custom pair of jeans...? good luck.

Raxxman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
1 = your too demanding

(corrected a typo, sorry
)

seriously, most clothes you have to compromise a bit.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.